Saturday, September 24, 2011

Patrick.Wolf.(L!V3) @Hollywood.Forever.Cemetery

jdn73,patrickwolf,hollywoodforevercemetery,losangeles,indie



Patrick.Wolf.2011
Hollywood Forever Cemetery (Los Angeles, CA)
Wednesday.September.14.2011
Who ever booked Patrick Wolf here at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery is...VERY GOTHIC.  Never been here for a concert and I never knew they had live shows.  Movies, yea, but concerts?!  I'm there.  I always wanted to see Patrick Wolf, but I always had something going on.  I didn't know he was touring and I found this by accident.  Thank God he added another show because Tuesday was SOLD OUT!  

I parked my car in the cemetery (FREE parking, I like that) and it was a bit spooky.  The only light out was the moon.  It was not to far of a walk.  It was just right there on your left when you step into the main gate.  I walked to the venue and you had to go up some stairs.  There was no one around at first until I got to the main room (I think they have Wake's here).  It is a seated venue (sucks!) and it was PACKED!  I was hoping it would be standing.  I was looking around and it was the perfect crowd to fit this perfect mood.  You had your Straights, Gays, Lesbians, Trannies and in-betweeners.  Heaven.  
jdn73,patrickwolf,hollywoodforevercemetery,losangeles,indieIt's 9 o'clock and Calpernia (well known Pre-op) was the opener.  Who knew she could sing.  Calpernia is a Reality TV Star that had a dating show on Logo a few years back.  It was an okay show.  She got up stage and played the violin.  After two song, she started singing.  I liked it when she was playing the violin.  After a couple of songs, I was getting bored.  She played for thirty minutes (thank God!).  She walked into the crowd and people started to grab her and talk to her.  I went to the bathroom. 

Just when I was gonna use the toilet, a drag queen comes out saying, "my pussy got flushed down the toilet and this florescent light is not helping.  We are at a cemetery for God's Sakes!  The lights should be dimmed!".  Funny.
jdn73,patrickwolf,hollywoodforevercemetery,losangeles,indieI went back to my seat and they started to place more chairs for the new people that have arrived.


Patrick Wolf came from the back of the audience singing in a cappella.  WOW!  What a voice and what a show he put on.  He played piano and some other instruments that I can't pronounce.  I took a music class in 6th grade and A+ the class.  Right now, I can't name the instruments he is using, oh well.  F-

Patrick Wolf surprised me with this show.  Everything was stripped down.  No drum machines or synthesizers in site.  Just pure and simple.  I love it when artist surprise you and change it around.   That is a TRUE ARTIST.  It made every song more meaningful and the lyric, beautiful.  I don't own any albums from him, just singles.  Hearing the songs today, makes me want to buy some albums.  
jdn73,patrickwolf,hollywoodforevercemetery,losangeles,indie
When I first heard Patrick Wolf, I was not getting him.  I kept hearing that he puts on a GREAT show and that is why I am here today and the stories are...TRUE.  Thank God for the second show.
jdn73,patrickwolf,hollywoodforevercemetery,losangeles,indiePatrick Wolf connected with the crowd and had conversations with us.  He told us that last night he was a bit off because he was jet lagged.  "Today is better and I am more focused.  Less talk and more music", he said. What I loved more was his love for Mariachi music and when he is in town, he puts on the Spanish radio station.  ROCK ON! 

The set was a hour long, but I wanted more and so did the crowd.  There was no back stage for him to hide.  He had to leave from the front and security came to lead him to the back.  He was so kind and very loving to the fans when he passed by the aisles.  I would see him again.

\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  -  AWESUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive