Thursday, December 13, 2012

Paul.Banks...(L!VE)...

Paul.Banks.2012

Paul.Banks.2012

@the.Constalation.Room
(Santa Ana, CA)
Friday.November.30th

"Where is Paul?" said this guy out loud to the opening band.  Ouch!  

This is my first time at this venue in Santa Ana (not going to be my last) and I am liking it.  The size is perfect and It's half the size of The Troubadour.  The only crazy thing is the $10.oo parking fee.  Crazy.  I drove around and found a place.  I was a little nervous leaving my car at this commercial parking lot, but .  when I came back to my car, it was...there!!! Nice.  Now I know where to park when I see Bloc Party next week.  
Paul.Banks.2012
There was a small line that moved quickly. I was able to get a perfect spot.  When the opening band got rid of there equipment on the side of the stage where I was standing, gave us more room to move up front.  I was one body away from touching the stage.  I was so close that I was able to read the set list.  Then I reached to my pocket and noticed that I forgot my camera, great.  I used my phone and almost died on me. Great.
Paul.Banks.2012
Paul Banks opened up with, "Sky Scrapper (perfect)".  I noticed that band got a little facelift.  Everyone where dressed in black (of course).  Last time, everyone had there own look.  I noticed that the  guy from Secret Machines was on guitar and keyboard (Paul must be really good friends with him).  
Paul.Banks.2012
Paul sounded great and the best part of this show, was to watch the people.  There was this guy up front that looked a bit like Carlos D.  He was very nervous watching his idol perform.   He kept scratching his arm and neck numerous times.  The two girls that where up front and center next to the guy, looked hypnotized.  Sometimes they would close there eyes to feel the music.  Funny. 

\m/ - ROCK ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive