Thursday, July 1, 2010

GOLDFRAPP LiVE! @the.Hollywood.Bowl

goldfrapp,jdn73
Ahhhhhh, the smell of cheese in the air. $H*T! Really. You have to eat that nasty rotten a$ smelly cheese. I am trying to enjoy this show and here I thought my friend Steven farted. Pack that $H*T away. I do not know if it was all the cheese that people ate or what, but the crowd was......DEAD! When Buena Vista Social Club came out to perform, no one was dancing until the sun went down. I guess some people where scared to dance in the daylight or the liquor just kicked in. Once nightfall hit, some people got up to dance to Buena Vista and they where good (not the people, Buena Vista). It reminded me of my folks having a barbecuing in the summertime and my mom turning up the radio to "Candela". This was a great treat and I was glad that Alison (Goldfrapp) asked them to open up for her. Or did she? Or was it KCRW?goldfrapp,jdn73goldfrapp,jdn73
GOLDFRAPP opened up with "Voicething" ( just for a minute) and then played "Utopia" (of course). They always play that FCVKn song. Twenty minutes into the concert, NO ONE WAS DANCING! Just a few I see but, the people next to me sat through the WHOLE SHOW! Not even a tap on the floor or on the knee. Steven, his two girlfriends and I got up to dance to some of the classic songs; "Train", "Strict Machine", "Ooh La La" and so on. I was trying to get into it but I was not feeling it. I was hoping to see some crazy cheesy 80s visuals but nothing. Just a light show. LAME. When they palyed "Number 1", there was no bass. Some of the songs where missing that KICK (bass) and it felt a bit flat. Is it me getting old and I am loosing my hearing? They did not even play "I Wanna Life". That's my favorite song from the new album. I was surprised that they did not play anything from the Giving Tree (Seventh Tree) album. Nothing. I was okay with that. But I was very surprised. The concert was over in about an hour and we hung out for a bit to get Steven laid. J/K. But I did some crazy outfits. Cow print crocs (ugly $H*T!), Bananarama outfits (it's gonna be a cruel summer of 80s wear still) and gold Dr. Martins. WTF?!?! That was the best thing about the concert, just looking at the crowd after the show.goldfrapp,jdn73

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive