Thursday, April 28, 2011

Brother U.K. (LiVE!)@Satellite (Los Angeles, CA)

brotheruk,jdn73,gritpop
Brother
@Satellite (Los Angeles, CA)
Tuesday.April.26.2011

Brother is getting a lot of press in NME and you would think, this night would be sold out, but it's not. Then I thought, maybe last minute and there would be a huge line, but no. I am surprised with the turn out. It's lite. So lite, that I can count all 50 people here at the NEW Satellite (the old Spaceland). Nothing was remodeled. The signature curtain is still up from Spaceland (shiny blue and gold or silver in the middle). You would think, new venue name, new everything, but no. Everything is still the same. Groovy, I think.
jdn73,brotheruk,gritpop
After watching two not so good bands, Brother delivered. I only have one song "Darling Buds of May" from them and from the songs I heard tonight, they sounded great. I was standing by the playlist and I really liked the last song they played, "Time Machine". Leonard Newell (Lead Singer) told us that we can download the album for free even though they signed to a major (Geffen) last year. How cool is that. You know what I am doing when I get home.
jdn73,brotheruk,gritpop
NME was right, Leonard was the guy to watch and boy does he have a mouth. I like. He noticed how lame the crowd was because he told us straight out. I was surprised that people did not booed him. Why should they anyway. It's true, L.A. concert goer's don't move (well some). After the last song, they just left the stage. No thank you or goodnight.
jdn73,brotheruk,gritpop
\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ - Rock ON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive