Saturday, April 23, 2011

Coachella.(Saturday).2011.

coachella,jdn73,coachella2011
Coachella.(Saturday).2011
Indio, Palm Springs, Ca
April.16.2011

Compared to yesterday, the traffic was lite. It kind of scared me a bit because I never seen it like this on Avenue 50 and it's Saturday. The new wristband is working. They won't let you drive up to the parking lots unless you show your wristband. I wonder if they do the same on the people who walk to the venue?

I was here a little early because it was quick to get in. I went to checkout the shirts once again, but nothing. So I went to get something to eat and I got this FCVKd up salad. I should of taken a photo of this somewhat Greek Salad. It was just lettuce chopped up into little pieces sprinkled with a couple of tomatoes and a pita. $8.00 for this salad, but you know what, it was okay. The dressing was good.
coachella,jdn73,coachella2011,thetwelves
I went to checkout The Twelves at the Sahara Tent and they where...Awesum! They played a classic Blackstobe song that was remixed ("Me & Madonna") maybe by them. Then they dropped another remix by The Black Kids "I Am Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You", The Teenagers "Sunset Beach" and The Rapture "House of Jealous Lovers". My kind of music.
coachella,jdn73,coachella2011,foals
Went to see Foals and of course they where great. Yannis (Lead Singer) did his crazy stuff (stage dive into the crowd more then once). I thought he was gonna climb the rafters when he jumped onto the speakers and took off his guitar, but he staged dived once again. The crowd was a bit tamed until Two Door Cinema Club. People pushed there way in and some pushed there way out after Foals. This is when people start becoming dickheads. I thought this place was about peace and love? Watching the people trying to get out was FCVKd up. I thought it was gonna be a rough crowd watching this,but it was not to bad. Two Door Cinema Club tore it up. They had to get more security for all the crowd surfing going on. You know you won the crowd over when you need backup.
coachella,jdn73,coachella2011,twodoorcinemaclub
After that madness, I went to the Gobi Tent to checkout, Yelle. She came out with this costume that looked like a shag rug (dark green) and she wore this bright orange leopard print tights underneath. At least, she wasn't wearing some kind of saran wrap outfit like the lead singer of Glasser. Oh yea, say Glasser (BORE!) and what the FCVK was her and the band wearing? It looked as if they wanted a Safari theme as Yelle. At least Yelle was...simple and there new album (it's good by the way) is called "Safari Disco Club". It was great to hear some of the new stuff. The album was released two weeks ago and I cannot wait to see her again in May at the Music Box.
coachella,jdn73,coachella2011,yelle
Wire (BORING!). Big Audio Dynamite (ZZZZZ). Thank God for Empire of the Sun, some excitment and entertainment. The only thing interesting about B.A.D. was that Mike Jones (Lead Singer) came out with this fancy outfit that made him look like one of the members of the Rat Pack. Royalties from Clash album it seems. Nice. Of course, you had a douchebag shout out a Clash song. Empire of the Sun was up next after B.A.D. at the Outside Stage and they killed it. The only thing different from this show from the others I've seen was Luke Steele (Lead Singer) was hiding behind a curtain and it showed his silohuette. It dropped and the crowd went crazy. I thought the crowd was gonna be crazy here, but it was not as bad at all compared to Lollapalozza last year. Lolla was insane. I stayed for a half an hour because I wanted to catch Suede, I mean, The London Suede.
coachella,jdn73,coachella2011bigaudiodynomite,jdn73,coachella
This is my first time watching Suede and Brett Anderson kicked a$$! I have no idea why I never saw them in the 90's. I remember them being compare to The Smiths. I did not see the connection. Maybe they (Morrissey & Brett) are vegans, but it was a releaf to see a guitar band so connected to the crowd, compared to Wire and B.A.D (I guess they where there to collect). At Suede, you saw people bouncing up and down and singing along. Suede played hit after hit and they sounded amazing. Another great performance to wrapped up Saturday night.
coachella,jdn73,coachella2011,empireofthesuncoachella,jdn73,coachella2011,suede,thelondonsuede

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive