Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Balam.Arab.(L!V3) @le.poisson.rouge.(NYCity)

jdn73,balamarab,coldwave,music,concert,lepoissonrouge,trust,truewomanhood

Balam.Acab.2011
@le.poisson.rouge.(NYCity)
Thursday.November.18.2011

le.poisson.rouge is a REALLY COOL place.  I always wanted to come here and now I have the opportunity.   

Once I stepped in, they where playing Depeche.Mode's Black Celebration album in it's entirety (this place just won my heart even more) and I saw some kids singing along and dancing.  Groovy.

le.poisson.rouge is by NYU on the famous Bleeker St.  It made me fill I was at some hip and edgy joint in Brooklyn.  There are still cool places in the city still, Awesome! 
jdn73,balamarab,coldwave,music,concert,lepoissonrouge,trust,truewomanhoodThe first band, True.Womanhood where really good.  They are a synth/rock band form DC.  At first I was not to crazy about them, but after the second song, they had me tapping my feet to some cool dance beats. 
jdn73,balamarab,coldwave,music,concert,lepoissonrouge,trust,truewomanhoodThe second band, Trust was really GOOD!  They had this really cool sound that threw me back to early industrial music when it was minimal and fresh.  Only two members in the band, a girl (synth) and a guy (vocals and programming).  Towards the end of there set, the girl decided to show some personality.  She had a cute little dance, but she stopped it very quickly.  Once I came home I looked them up and there was not much information about them.  All I know, they are from Canada.  

So far, LOVE what I am hearing tonight and lets see what Balam.Acab has in store because it's already 1:00am.
jdn73,balamarab,coldwave,music,concert,lepoissonrouge,trust,truewomanhoodBalam.Acab went on, but they had just a little problem with the second song.  They are two members in the band and it's the same lineup as Trust, but a little different.  The girl is the singer and the guy programs and also sings, but...BOY, are they young!  They look 15 years old.   

Balam.Arab went on around 1:30am and after a couple of songs I was pretty much done.  They bored me.  I wanted to get wowed after two good bands, but I wasn't.  This is a Cold.Wave.  I am glad I came or I would never would of heard of True.Womanhood and Trust.

\m/  \m/  \m/  - Good

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive