Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Jessica.6 (L!V3) @the.ECHO (Los Angeles, CA)

jessica6,jdn73,theecho,disco,herculesandloveaffair
Jessica.6
@the.Echo.(Los Angeles, CA)
Friday.July.1.2011

You know you are at the hood when they are setting off fireworks before the 4th and I don't mean fireworks you buy at those booths either. By the way, there are none (firework booth) in the city. Why is that? And there is always no one in my street lighting up any fireworks either. Did something happen? Not like I live in the woods or by the beach. Weird.

I arrived at Echo Park and the parking lot is FULL. I went to my secret parking place an that was taken, $H!T. It's looking like a good night. Nice. The last time I saw Jessica 6 was here at The Echo and it was an okay show. They had a few songs and they sounded, not so good. I recently bought the new album, "See The Light" and it's really GOOD. Very impressed. So let's see how they do tonight.
jessica6,jdn73,theecho,disco,herculesandloveaffair
When did The Echo get a marquee? I loved it when it was just blank and now you see this bright light with names of the bands performing that week. Are people still having a hard time finding The Echo, that they decided to put that up. What ever the reason, Sux a$$, but it still has that cool vibe inside.

Of course Steven is late and I thought I was gonna be late because I just came from watching The Interlopers (another GREAT performance from the cast, they ROCK!). The theatre is just down the street and I left quick after the show, thinking they would go on around 10:30 pm. Sure enough, they did not. Jessica 6 went on until a quarter till 12. All this rushing for nothing. Before I forget, Chaz Bono was at the theatre to see The Interlopers and his girlfriend liked the play. So you know what that means. I'll just leave it on that.
jessica6,jdn73,theecho,disco,herculesandloveaffair,lovegrenade
I arrived to The Echo around 10:15 and it was not to busy yet. Steven arrived around 10:30 and the second band went on, Love Grenade. They where okay, but the lead girl danced liked Ida No (Glass Candy singer). The Echo started to get busy and here comes Jessica 6.
jessica6,jdn73,theecho,disco,herculesandloveaffair
Nomi (Lead singer) comes out looking like Darth Sidious from Star Wars, Return of the Jedi. The stage lights where all off (very Gothic) during the first song and they came on after the second song. She took off the cloak and showed us her HOT sexy outfit, nice. BUT...you can see her underwear. Does that mean she still has her pee pee?
jessica6,jdn73,theecho,disco,herculesandloveaffair
This time around they where better, but it was hard to make out what she was singing. Maybe where I was standing. Who knows. It was hard to hear her and I was maybe just three feet away from the stage. There was no encore and no Antony for "Prisoner of Love". Is he ever gonna join any of the people he collaborates with, live? I hope so and Antony should makes a dance album. It would be a H!T.
Besides the girls in front of me that kept turning around, ALOT. WTF! It was a GOOD SHOW.

\m / \m/ \m/ - Cool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive