Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Digitalism.(L!V3) @Webster.Hall.(NYCity)

Digitalism.2011
Digitalism.2011
@Webster.Hall.(NYCity)
Friday.December.2.2011


This is FCKN Crazy!!!  Top 40 music while we wait for the main floor to open?!  It feels like I am at a gay club (nothing bad).  I find it a bit awkward for a place like this.   I guess it helps to balance the music here and get all types of people to come to "Girls and Boys".  
Digitalism.2011It's already 12am and the main floor is OPEN!!!  I see so many X's on kids  hands.   They can get someone like me and sneak a drink around a dark corner or go to the bathroom.  The more I look at the crowd, the younger they keep looking.  I have not spotted a single techno color outfit or any kind of glow stuff on these kids.  Its a relief not to see it.  it's VERY gray and black here. 

I walked around.  I started to get annoyed with that Techno Electro sound by Nadastrom.  I need vocals in my music.  Thanks GOD for that Top 40 room, now it makes since.  I went downstairs to see if  they opened the Studio (under the Webster Hall) and they did.  It was turned it into another Top 40 room.  Why!?!?  I thought they might get some local up coming live bands down here because thats what the Studio is known for.  Back upstairs I go to catch Data Romance.

Data Romance was the opening band and they sure cleared the main dance floor after Nadastrom.  At least they helped me get to the front.
Digitalism.2011It's almost 2am and Digitalism hit the stage and what a FCVKn AWESOME SHOW!!! They added another member (I think just for the tour) that played real drums.  I was disappointed when they did not play, "Fire in Cairo".  Why wasn't it on the playlist?  That single put them on the map.  After they played "Pogo", they  left the stage and they never returned.  Wow, no encore.  We waited just in case they came back out, but they never did.  I was happy that they played, "Circles" (made my Top 50 of 2011 list) and "2 Hearts".  Nice.      They also had some KICK A$$ visuals and lights.  It was very colorful and they got rid of there signature green.  It OLNY came out when they played, "Pogo".  

After the show, I went to see the shirts because Digitalism always have really cool T-shirts.  Sure enough,  they did and bought one.  I looked down on the table and they had FREE Digitalism matchbooks.  Score!

\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/ - FCVKn AWESUM!!!
Digitalism.2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive