Wednesday, November 18, 2009

JULiAN.CASABLANCAs (LiVE!) @the.PALACE

juliancasablancas,jdn73,thestrokes"This was not what I Xpected" said a girl w/her girlfriend exiting the venue. I was on that same boat. I was bored and the people around me was 2. I only saw 3 people next 2 me dancin 2 the most undancable songs from the album. Am I the only 1 not drunk here.....or is this BORiNG!?! I was ready 2 walkout but I was in2 the back drops. Loved it and the visuals. Almost evry song had a diff background......that was cool. When he sang "11th Dimension" & "Left and Right in the Dark" felt if I was watchin that 70s show...."the Partridge Family". Not bad. Thank god I stayed.thepalace,jdn73 Now lets talk about the venue.....LOVED iT! I want more concerts here. Love the old theaters in downtown L.A. They need 2 fix them up just a bit like the.PALACE here. Still has that old charm. Beautiful murals, ripped curtains, chipped paint, dirty carpet and bathroom (but it's not that dirty) original paint from the past and so on. I was LOVIN the place. I like this. Its not like the.ORPHEUM. But it can B and I hope not. I think the.PALACE was an old movie theater. They sold alcohol where they use 2 sell popcorn and candy. LOVE iT! They sold the shirts outside of the venue. AWESUM. It felt so good 2 have this in L.A. Is old downtown Broadway the new Lower Eastside? FCVK SilverLake and Echo.Park.....this is the place.juliancasablancas,thestrokes,jdn73What I also loved was that they flicker the lights 2 tell U that the show is gonna start. AWESUM! I looked around 2 C the people....WOW! American Apparel just threw up in here. $H*T! A couple of Strokes shirts. Did I C a winter coat and a scarf....what the FCVK. its not that cold. 2 funny. But the cool thing....what a perfect place 4 Julian 2 play @. It felt so New York City. He opened the show w/ "Ludlow St". Fits perfect here. Is he wearin high water pants 2 show off his shinny leather red/black boots.....LOVE iT! Wait...was that a Heuy Lewis & the News song he just played.....funny. juliancasablancas,thestrokes,jdn73 Enough of me slammin on him. He did all right.....i guess. But I hope he is bettr w/the.STROKEs. I have nevr seen the.Strokes live. It took me awhile 2 get in2 the music. Now I am a fan. I hope he has more charm w/them. Other then the DRUNK person yellin @him next 2 me sayin, "Julian! I bought Ur shirt" he needs 2 move around 2 his music that he created or is he just collectin a pay check from us. Cum on JULiAN....show me the 11th Dimension.thestrokes,juliancasablancas,jdn73

ViDEOs:
"11th Dimension"
"Left & Right in the Dark"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive