Tuesday, March 8, 2011

CRYSTAL.CASTELs (LiVE!) @Fox.Theatre (Pomona, CA)

crystalcastles,jdn73
Crystal.Castles
@Fox.Theatre (Pomona)
Thursday.March.3.2011

Now that the album is out, I get to hear how it sounds once again. I do not know if you noticed, but bands that are playing Coachella are not allowed to play in Los Angeles. It's funny to me because they should ask them not to play in California, period. Interpol played in San Diego and Santa Barbara and they are on the bill to play Coachella. Doesn't that still kill the purpose? I guess who cares, right. Let's see if I get punched here, which I doubt.
crystalcastles,jdn73
It's 7:30 and there is a line, A HUGE line that is wrapped around the block. It's SOLD OUT and I hope I get on the main floor, if not, it's strike THREE!!!!

$H*T!!!!! Strike three. Dam it to hell. Oh well, let the young ones enjoy. I am by the rails and they have the girl that is on the album over as there back drop. Cool. It's a very young crowd and security here is TIGHT. The Music Box stopped the craziness (I guess no one has filed a lawsuit here yet). I do not know how many times I had to show my ticket.
suuns,jdn73
I have no idea who the opening band was (Suuns), but the girl in front of me went crazy when they came out. As if she has seen The Beatles or Justin Beber (for today's people) for the first time. She grabbed her face and reached out her hand to them. I thought she was gonna faint.

Suuns where okay. They sounded like Clinic (90s band), but with more roughness and loudness. The girl next started to get DOWN. She made me laugh. She heard me and turned around and gave me the devil sing. \m/ "They rock, man!".
crystalcastles,jdn73
At this point, Alice Glass is a Rock Star, she really is. They had a announcer come out and tell us that Crystal Castles almost canceled this tour. Alice Glass broke her leg and the record label told her to stop so she can get well. She told them "FCVK yOu!". Now that is Punk-Rock n Roll.

The drummer came out, then Ethan and her comes Alice walking like a crippled zombie. She had one crutch on one hand and a mic on the other. It was a funny sight to watch that I had to laugh out loud. Who does that? You gotta give it up to her. She rocked this concert as if she was not injured. People next to me started to jump down to the main floor to be part of the chaos. It was crazy down on the main floor. Did I see a glowstick down there? If you have not gone to a Crystal Castle show yet, you gotta go. It's crazy in a good way. It's like going to see a Nine Inch Nails concert with disco beats.

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ - Awesome!
crystalcastles,jdn73

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive