Sunday, March 6, 2011

How To Dress Well (LiVE!) @the.ECHO (Los Angeles, CA)

jdn73,howtodresswell
How To Dress Well
@theEcho
Friday.February.25.2011

Another rainy weekend here in Los Angeles. I waited in the car for a bit, but there was no sign of the rain stopping. The parking lot was PACKED (wow, people are out). So I went to see if my secret parking lot was not taken and sure enough, it was not. Nice.

I have no idea what to expect from "How To Dress Well". I only have one track, "Ready For the World" and It's on my November.2010 Podcast mix (my.WAVE). All I know, they are put under Night Bus music (the new Goth). There was no end of the rain stopping, so I rushed out to The Echo.
jdn73,howtodresswell
There was no line (thank GOD!) to get in, but once inside, it was busy. There was a one man band performing already. He was okay.
I walked around for a bit. They started to clear the stage. I noticed they only brought out a mic stand. Hum, another one man band tonight. Interesting.

This is VERY mellow. The guy behind, "How To Dress Well" sounded like Stevie B, but dark and without the dance beats. It was cool after a couple of songs, but I wanted some beats. Something to move with. He had one dance song, but it was stripped to the minimal. I mean, minimal. He called it "the queer dance track" and that $H*T did not sound queer at all. It was still mellow with a couple of small atmospheric beats.

This was perfect music for this rainy day. Time to go home and sleep.

\m/ \m/ \m/ - Groovy
jdn73,howtodresswell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive