Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Peter.Bjorn.&.John (L!VE) @Detroit.Bar (Costa Mesa, CA)

peterbjornandjohn,jdn73,indierock,detroitbar,costamesa
Peter.Bjorn.&.John.2011
@Detroit.Bar (Costa Mesa, CA)
Saturday.June.4.2011

I would like to see more shows here at Detroit Bar. This is one of the BEST venues to see a show in Orange County. Where else can you get a dollar for a bottle of water, but here. That's a bargain and what a surprise to have Peter.Bjorn.&.John perform at a small place. I think they just played at El Rey the other day. I preferred this because it's smaller and the sound is such as good. Plus, I never had a bad experience here. The kids around me are drinking 40oz Stella's (did not know they made them in that size) and they are keeping it together.

There was this kid in front of me talking about music and he was comparing Crystal Castles to Sleigh Bells. I was, what the FCVK?! Really!? I am not a huge fan of Sleigh Bells and they are a LUCKY band (or is it because they are signed to M.I.A.'s record label?) for getting ALOT of attention on making noise. Groovy.
peterbjornandjohn,jdn73,indierock,detroitbar,costamesa
The first band, Turn on the Lights (NOT, Turn Off the Lights, the lead singer told us) where okay and they have a song on Gossip Girl. Cool, but how did that happen? This band could be GREAT if they could find a sound and stick with it. I would friend them on Myspace.
peterbjornandjohn,jdn73,indierock,detroitbar,costamesa
FCVK! It's already 11pm and Turn On the Lights just got off stage. This is gonna be a long one, that's for sure.
peterbjornandjohn,jdn73,indierock,detroitbar,costamesa
This is going to be my first time seeing PB&J by themselves instead of opening up for some other artist. Everytime I have saw them, they where really good and they proved it once again today. Peter Morèn (Lead Singer) went into the crowd singing not only once, but twice. He would just walk around singing and people would move out of his way and take pictures. I like this band even more. He wanted to connect with us. Cool.

The new songs from the album; Gimme Some, sounded good. I am not to crazy about it, but there are some good songs. The only problem I had with the show was when they played songs from, Living Thing album. They didn't have those cool electro beats on "You Don't Move Me". I was not moving that's for sure, but I wanted to. It was just guitars and drums (I have no problem with that, but it was not the same) and It was missing those kick a$$ beats.
peterbjornandjohn,jdn73,indierock,detroitbar,costamesa
When they came back to do the encore, they played four more songs. It could of been another show if they wanted to. They where GREAT and just to let you know, they did not end the show with "Young Folks", it was, "Up Against the Wall". What a perfect song to end the night.

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ - AWESUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive