Sunday, June 5, 2011

the.Wombats.(L!VE) @the.Troubadour (Los Angeles, CA)

thewombats,jdn73,thetroubadour,indie,rock,music
the.Wombats.2011
@the.Troubadour (Los Angeles, CA)
June.1.2011

It's been maybe 2 years since I saw the.Wombats at the.Roxy and what a great show it was. The new album, "The Wombats proudly presents: This Modern Glitch" is out and it didn't get a good review on NME. I happen to like the album, better then there first album. Sometimes I don't like to read the reviews, but thank God that iTunes now extended there listening preview. What a difference from 30 seconds (that was a joke) to a minute and 30 seconds.
thewombats,jdn73,thetroubadour,indie,rock,music
The big news on the street is, Coachella. The organizers decided to make Coachella a two weekend event. At first, I thought it was a joke when I got the email before the announcement and sure enough, it is not. I was trying to figure out how it's going to work. I looked into it and it works out just nicely. They are gonna repeat the same line-up the following weekend. Cool. Let's hope so because if they don't, they are gonna piss a bunch of people off.
thewombats,jdn73,thetroubadour,indie,rock,music
When I stepped in the.Troubadour, I thought the.Wombats where on stage for a second. The opening band, Wild Party sounded so much like them. I was confused until I looked close to the stage. the.Wombats have only 3 members in the band and Wild Party had more then that.
I missed Pop.Noir (I can not believe they are still around. Good for them). I thought they where gonna go on second. I was hoping to catch them because I was curious on what there sound is now.
thewombats,jdn73,thetroubadour,indie,rock,music
The crowd is pretty young around me and the girl next to me brought a maraca. Funny and thank God she was not drunk. She hardly use it because I only heard it twice. The crowd was calm, but once they played stuff from the first album, they got just a little crazy. I guess some of these kids don't like the new stuff as much as I do. They closed it off with "Let's Dance to Joy Division" and the crowd got...CRAZY! They almost started a mosh - pit!? Really? To this? Okay.
Once again, the.Wombats threw a great show at the.Troubadour. Until the next time.

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ - AWESUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive