Friday, June 10, 2011

the.Vaccines.(L!V3) @Amoeba (Los Angeles, CA)

thevaccines,jdn73,indie,punk,folk,amoeba
the.Vaccines.2011
@Amoeba (Los Angeles, CA)
Wednesday.June.6.2011

I came so close to buying tickets to see Arctic Monkeys because I wanted to catch the.Vaccines. I really had to think that through because of the price to see them at Fox Theater was $40.00 bucks. To see the.Vaccines open up for Arctic.Monkeys, ah...no. I'll catch them again some other time, until I picked up the LA Weekly.


I love the LA Weekly. It keeps you inform on what is REALLY going on in this corrupt city, like Vernon. What an article on the city of Vernon. The person who wrote the page gives you the history and the craziness that is going down. It's was a good read and a MUST read.
thevaccines,jdn73,indie,punk,folk,amoeba
I picked up the LA Weekly and I noticed that the.Vaccines are performing at Amoeba. AWESOME! A free show and a good place to watch a show. The last time I saw a performance here was when I saw Ima.Robot (2003, I think). It's an okay place, if you don't mind the CD bins in front of you. This is the only LA show by themselves and I really did not want to miss this. The new album; "What Did You Expect from The Vaccines?", is really good. I guess you would call there sound, Folk-Punk, maybe?
thevaccines,jdn73,indie,punk,folk,amoeba
I arrived around 5:40 and they had a good amount of people. It was hard to get up front. FCVKn bins. I found a little spot on the third row that was not to far from the stage. Of course right next to me, I witness some kids stealing. Why am I next to crazy a$$e$$. If it's not drunk people, it's a crazy FCVK. They where doing a great job stealing and they did not get caught. The best part, when the.Vaccines hit the stage, the lead singer (Justin Young) said, "I hope you guys are not stealing". Funny.
thevaccines,jdn73,indie,punk,folk,amoeba
When they came out into the stage, they where not what I expected. They all had there own style. I pictured them coming out in sharp Ben Sherman suits, but no. They looked like some slacker band from the 90's. I like that and they looked more American then English.

It was a VERY quick set and they where not bad. I would see them again.

\m/ \m/ \m/ - GROOVY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive