Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cut.Copy.DJ.Set @Avalon (Hollywood, CA)

Cut.Copy.2012

Cut.Copy.2012
@Avalon.(Los Angeles, CA)
Friday.February.10th

When I came to Hollywood and Vine, I saw that The Avalon had a HUGE line going up the block!  This is only a DJ set from Cut Copy. Thank God  I bought my ticket online and  zipped through the line.
Cut.Copy.2012Once inside,  I noticed that they pulled back the stage to make more room for dancing.  Midnight Juggernauts are the opening DJ's and they are doing a AWESUM job.  They are throwing everything in. This is a sign that its going to be a great night.  While I was standing and looking at the Juggernauts spin some good vocal tunes,  I just realized why Cut Copy is here.  There latest album is nominated for a Grammy.  That's so cool and congrats to them on making a fantastic album, Zonoscope.
Cut.Copy.2012FCVK!!! I can not believe I still have gas from that FCVKn Taco Bell bean burrito.  It's been awhile since I had something from Taco Bell.  I had that burrito in the afternoon and I have not stopped since 3pm.  BOY...does it STINK!!  Hahahahaha.

Yes...they just played Moby's, "Go".  Who plays that song now days in there sets?  Oh snaps, they just mixed it with "100 % Pure Love".  That was not the only Crytstal Waters song, they played another 15 minutes later,  "Homeless". 
Cut.Copy.2012Ohhhhh $H!T...they just threw  in The Dobbiw Brothers "What A Fool Believes" and I like the fact that people are actually dancing to this stuff.  Could it be because half of the people here are...DRUNK. People are being kicked out around me.  Ahhhh, hey just mixed in Donna Summer, "I Feel Love".  
Cut.Copy.2012Cut copy is doing it!!!  They opened up to one of there songs from the Zonoscope album and they started this party just right with "Stomp!" by The Brother Johnsons afterwards.  Dan Whitford and Tim Hoey (Cut Copy)  hit the stage around 12:30 am and they took turns throwing great tunes.  This was a perfect party mix, that I would love a copy of it.  Towards the middle of there set, they played "Hearts on Fire" and the dancefloor got PACKED!  It felt like they where performing the song live because people where getting crazyand so was Dan Whitford.  He was stretching his arms out like he does live.  I think I saw another couple of people getting the boot for being drunk.  After they played "Hearts on Fire", they mixed it with Azari & III "Reckless With You Love" (Perfect) and half of the dancefloor cleared.  Of course, it's no surprise. It's 2:15am and I think this is my exit.  I have no idea how long they played till, but it was a FCVKN AWESUM SET that I really didn't want to leave.

\m/ - ROCK ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive