Saturday, August 4, 2012

The.xx.(L!VE).2012

The.xx.2012
The.xx.2012
@Music.Box.(Los Angeles, CA)
Monday.July.23rd

WOW, Its been how long since my last concert?  What a perfect show to kick off August's concerts.  As we all know, July is a slow month because everyone is in Europe for the festivals.  I almost forgot all about this concert.  My friend Zowie texted me and I came very close to buying a ticket to see Batman (which you gotta see to checkout Anne Hathaway as Cat Women, AWESUM!!!).  Thank God, she texted right in time or I would of missed (I wouldn't, if you know me) this show.  WHAT A SHOW IT WAS!
HAIM.2012HAIM.2012
I arrived at the Music Box around 7:45pm and there was a huge line to get in and it was not moving fast enough.  Thank God for Zowie, she texted me and told me that she was in front with the tickets already.  N!CE.  We go in and we headed to the shirt stand.  From faraway, all I saw was the same shirts, until we got close and they had this really cool NEW shirt with the X embroider.  Inside the shirt had a screen printed X on it.  They are making there own shirts now...cool.  I got one and so did Zowie.
The.xx.2012
HAIM was the opening band (which I did not know) and I was so excited to see them.  I missed their free show at the California Plaza on Friday and the one on Thursday at Santa Monica pier.  Anyhow, they kicked...A$$!  They where good and they got me so excited that I wanted more.  For sure, another band to see in the future again.  The best part of there performance, was the mother dancing or was she pretending to play the drums?  Either way, she was cute.
The.xx.2012
The.xx hit the stage around 10:30pm and they opened up with their new single, "Angles".   From there, they played a couple of songs from the first album.  They kept it mellow until the middle of the show, where they preformed the new dance tracks that sounded so....FCVKn AWESOME!!!  The new album is going to be KICK A$$!.  

The crowd was perfect.  No drunks, no pushers or any kind on nonsense, it was just right.  Then there was that strange smell of shit.   Someone dragged that thing all the way into the venue.  I guess they didn't notice the smell when they stepped on it.  The shit was strong.  At first, I thought someone took a load in there pants.  Just imagine if they did...DAM.  
The.xx.2012
Back to The.xx, they killed it and they sounded so fresh.  They had a new X in the background that was 3 dimensional and was made out of plexiglass.  After they went off stage to do the encore, they filled up the X with white smoke.  Groovy.  After the encore, people stuck around and wanted more.  They thought they where gonna come back, but that was it.  What a GREAT show and what a GREAT band.  

\m/ - AWESUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive