Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Coachella.W1.(FRIDAY).2013

Stone.Roses.2013 photo stoneroses7_zps0ddb9b5c.jpg
Coachella.2013
Indio, Palm Springs
Weekend.1
Friday.April.12th

So far so good until the next checkpoint to get in.  Usually Friday is the easiest to get in, but in this case, it was not.  It was a HOT day and we waited almost an hour to get in.  There was a small ambush, but decided to just stay in line.  
Jake.Bugg.2013 photo JakeBugg1_zps1d8ece80.jpgJake.Bugg.2013 photo JakeBugg2_zps652e322a.jpgPlaylist.2013 photo JakeBuggsetlist_zps8fbd4861.jpg
Once inside, I headed to the t-shirt stand and grabbed myself a Stone Roses and Blur shirt.  Another LONG A$$ WAIT!  Sweet Lord.
Johnny.Marr.2013 photo JohnnyMarr1_zpse6870ecb.jpg
Headed to Mojave.Tent to catch Jake.Bugg.  I loved how cocky he came out, but what a great performance once again.  
Alt-J.2013 photo alt-j1_zpsbf6a4b25.jpgAlt-J.2013 photo alt-j2_zps10c4a900.jpgAlt-J.2013 photo alt-j3_zps8c3386c2.jpg
Johnny.Marr was up next and he was...okay.  He sang three Smiths.  When Noel and Liam sing Oasis songs, it works.  Not here.  Sorry Johnny, but he got the crowd going with, "A Light That Never Goes Out", "Stop Me If You Heard This One Before",  and "How Soon Is Now" (closed with).  
Palma.Violets.2013 photo PalmaViolets2013_zps533b02d8.jpg
Alt-J was up next and they didn't disappoint.  I read bad reviews about there live shows, but they where GREAT.  They sounded so much like the album and this was the tent to be at 5 o'clock.  The photographers pit was filled with special people (I am guessing they paid big money to be up closer even though they have there own V.I.P. section).  
Yeah.Yeah.Yeahs.2013 photo YYY1_zpsed59a6d8.jpg
Palma.Violets was the next band after Alt-J and they where entertaining to watch.  They where doing there thing and had fun doing it.   I would see them again in a smaller venue.  
Yeah.Yeah.Yeahs.2013 photo YYY3_zpsf4680bef.jpg
I have been on my feet for almost five hours at the Mojave.Tent and it was time to sit, eat and wait for Yeah.Yeah.Yeahs at the.Coachella.Stage.  
Yeah.Yeah.Yeahs.2013 photo YYY4_zpsabeb58cb.jpg
Karen.Ø ROCKs!  First, lets start with the outfit.  A clash of Elvis meets Liberace...AWESUM!  I bet Christian.Joy was behind this.  Yeah.Yeah.Yeahs proved that they are here to conquer tonight and they did.  They opened up with the NEW single, "Sacrilege" with a chorus.  \m/ - (Devil horns).  Can not wait to see them play on there own and get the NEW album soon.
Blur.2013 photo blur1_zpsfcb192b8.jpgBlur.2013 photo blur2_zps7414fb2d.jpg
Blur was literally a blur.  I was bored. This proves to me that I really can't get into Damon Albarn other bands.  
Stone.Roses.2013 photo stoneroses1_zps3e56c577.jpgStone.Roses.2013 photo stoneroses2_zpsd4f0ad7e.jpgStone.Roses.2013 photo stoneroses3_zps745cd4e0.jpg
Up next is the most existing band I have been waiting to see again.  I think it has been 20 years since I last saw them at the.Hollywood.Palladium.  When they announced the line-up and they where booked to perform, I knew it!!!  AWESUM.  the.Stone.Roses opened up with, "I Wanna Be Adored" (perfect song to start the night) and from there it was hit after hit.  The best part of the whole show was Ian.Brown (Lead Singer) coming out...cocky (is this a bad ass English thing that I am missing here) with his maracas.  Those fucken maracas, forgot all about them.  Hilarious.  He threw a couple of them into the crowd and one landed almost next to me.  the.Stone.Roses was my highlight of Coachella.  Period! 
Stone.Roses.2013 photo stoneroses5_zps3ba2dcbe.jpgStone.Roses.2013 photo stoneroses6_zps5f403f35.jpgStone.Roses.2013 photo stoneroses8_zpsd122e642.jpg
\m/ - AWESUM!!!
Stone.Roses.2013 photo stoneroses9_zpscf00a020.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive