Thursday, May 16, 2013

Coachella.W1.(Saturday).2013

Postal.Service.2013 photo postalservice5_zps02caf114.jpg
Coachella.2013

Indio, Palm Springs
Weekend.1
Saturday.April.13th

From what happened yesterday, I decided to leave thirty minutes earlier and I think it paid off because it was a piece of cake to get in.  I probably waited ten minutes to get in.  I wonder what happened on Friday that it took so long???
Savages.2013 photo Savages2013_zpsa75855bc.jpg
I made it just in time to catch the.Wombats at the.Mojave.Tent.  AWESUM!!  

Savages where up next.  I really don't know what to expect on Savages and they impressed me.  Like the sound and there look.  The ladies behind me where being silly.  They couldn't make out the lead singer if she was a man or woman.  I didn't want to say anything, let the poor girl figure it out.   Then she started to say, "this is a lesbian band".  What a MORON.
Postal.Service.2013 photo postalservice1_zps740d422c.jpg
I headed to this new tent called Yuma to catch the.2.Bears (Hot Chip's Joe Goddard) and I fucken love this tent.  It was designed to be a nightclub/lounge place with AC, nice.   I sat and watched people dance.  I think I just found my new hangout.  I slowly started to notice how many bears are slowly appearing on the dance floor.  Where did they come from?  I didn't see them on the grounds.  Funny.  I walked towards the exit and I saw there was a huge line to get in.  A guy comes in wearing a mailbox made from cardboard.  Someone  is exited about the.Postal.Service tonight.
Postal.Service.2013 photo postalservice2_zpsc741da85.jpg
I went to the Gobi.Tent to catch the.Selecter and they where...AWESOME!!!  I would like to catch them again.  Bat.of.Lashes was up next at the.Mojave.Tent and she was...okay for me.  I stuck it out and watched the whole set and slowly she grew on me.  

Hot.Chip was up next on the.Coachella.Stage (main stage) an they tore it up.  Hit after hit and people where shaking it tell the last song.

the.Postal.Service was up next and what a performance.  This is my first time seeing them.  They sounded great and they played a few new tracks that sounded very promising.  AWESUM!!

I heard Descendents while passing through to head over the.Gobi.Tent to catch Janelle.Mońae.  I swung by Mojave.Tent to catch the last note of Simian.Mobile.Disco.  I went back to the.Gobi and Pusha.T was wrapping it up.  
Janelle.Monae.2013 photo JanelleMonae1_zpsf88e7c90.jpg
Janelle.Mońae hit the stage fifteen minutes late, but what a show she put on.  I was gonna go see Franz, but I decided to on Janelle.  She was great and what a performance.  I left during the middle of her set to catch New.Order next door at the.Mojave.Tent.
New.Order.2013 photo neworder1_zps5862f1c9.jpg
I arrived just in time to watch them perform, "Crystal".  The tent was PACKED and it was a challenge to get in so, I just stayed out side.  Then, out of nowhere, Bernard.Summer (Lead Singer) falls.  Oops!  Just like always, New.Order is New.Order...I was bored after the third song.  Can he fall again, just kidding.

\m/ - AWESUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive