Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hercules.&.Love.Affair LiVE! @the.EchoPlex (L.A. CA)

herculesandloveaffair,theechoplex,jdn73
Really? Why? The beatmatching is not perfect asshole and really? More mash up. Put that $H*T to rest. Hercules and Love Affair does not go on until 11p. It's very lite here today, but the cool thing, they have shirts this time. YEA. What? Only tank tops. I'll take it. It's hard to get a Hercules shirt. Just to let you know.
herculesandloveaffair,theechoplex,jdn73
The 1st band went on and.....Oh wow, look at the floor, it's pretty. This band is something out of the 80's. The music sounds like the soundtrack to Beverly Hills Cop 1 & 2. The crowd is more entertaining. I see someone with a red Member Only jacket and all he needs to do is B-Dazzle that $H*T and he has that Michael Jackson "Beat It" jacket. Of course this band had to play a Prince song. Nailed it! Did I just see a glittered toms?!?! WTF?!?!?!
herculesandloveaffair,theechoplex,jdn73
When that wanna-be Prince band went off stage they started to cler the stage for Hercules and I mean clear. The set up is very different from what I saw. No drum set or guitar stands, just turntables, mixer, a Apple lap-top computer and three mic's. Three microphones? I am so curious on what the new stuff is gonna sound. I know that Naomi left the band to start Jessica 6 w/Andrew Raposo (who also left Hercules). Jessica.6 are okay but they need a couple of good songs to top "Fun Girl". The EchoPlex is starting to get packed with all kinds of people, but I never see any transgenders, pre op's or post op's at a Hercules concert. Why is that? I love that Andy Butler (the man behind Hercules) puts a transgender as a singer. I think that is so cool. From what I know, Kim Ann Foxman (lead adorable singer) is still in the group. Nice. I like her. She reminds me of M.C. Kinky.
herculesandloveaffair,theechoplex,jdn73
Hercules went on around 11:15p and they KiLLED iT! The new music that they played sound so promising. It had this old school 90's house disco beat to it. I like. Even the new singer that took Naomi's place reminded me of that genre. She wore this brown blouse with white polka dots and she had her hair done up like that singer in C&C Music Factory, but she was not hit the high notes like Naomi does. She was a bit flat. Even the other new singer was okay. They both where transgenders and they worked that stage as if it was the last day of there tour (which it was). They all looked like they where having fun. Kim Ann came out wearing this really colorful jacket that reminded me of Boy George circa 1980. She is so cute. I have a crush on her. There was another new member helping Andy Butler out with the knobs in the background. I forgot his name, but Andy was giving him high praises. Now......let's talk about Mr. Andy Butler. Wow, he is looking good. He lost alot of weight from the last time I saw this band. Right on. He to was having fun dancing and enjoying himself with the ladies. The really cool thing about this show was.......I saw people dancing! Yes dancing. So it took 2 transgenders, a lesbian, a gay man and I think a straight guy to have everyone dance here at the EchoPlex is very impressing. I would turn around and I would see people smiling and having a great time. That is so strange here in Los Angeles, but Hercules and Love Affair made that happen. AWESUM! A+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive