Friday, August 6, 2010

ZOLA.JESUS LiVE! @the.ECHO (Los Angeles, CA)

jdn73 There was a huge line to get in even though you where on will call. The line moved quick and once I was in, it is light in here. Of course they are playing the Creatures and a couple of Sioux songs & early Joy Division (Warsaw). So far I like the crowd. All in black and some are wearing white powder makeup. So Goth it is 2nite. It feels af if I just stepped into the early 80s until the opening band came out.jdn73zolajesus,jdn73 Now it feels like I just stepped into some crazy 70's space age $H*T. This band came out wearing these space age outfits. The sound was very 70s cheesy rock. I looked into the crowd and I see some older people In the crowd. This band is s trip. I have no idea if this band is new or old. Everyone up there looks young except the guitarist. He looks like he is pushing 70. zolajesus,jdn73 When I arrived at home I looked up that crazy band and there name is The Fancy Space People. The older guy in the group was Don Boles of The Germs. That explains the crowd. Rock on and pack it in. zolajesus,jdn73
Zola Jesus went on around 12:20am (so Goth) and they where good. They are 3 members in the group. Both guys play the synthesizer. The lead singer was female. Nika Roza Danilova is her name and I loved that she kept walking back and forth alot on the stage like a witch. Well, she did look like one with her long blond hair and black dress with a little hunch. Nika kept on grabbing mic stands from the stage floor and putting them on the front. I guess she needed some props. Then she kindly put them away and grab a chair. She stood on it for awhile then put it away with the mic's. She was entertaining to watch. She even went into the crowd and did her thing. Walking back and forth like she was on stage. But I do not see why they compare her to Siouxsie Sue. Nika has her own thing going on here in Zola Jesus. I like it. Once again, they are from here (Arizona) and they are getting Huge press in England. They open up for Fever Ray in there European Tour. That's HUGE. Good for them. I would see them again. Is that "Cities in Dust" by Siouxsie & the Banshees? How funny. The venue played it after they got off stage. Funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive