Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lollapalooza.2010 (Saturday)

lollapalooza2010,jdn73,thexx
$H*T! Today is.........HOT. We went to the BMI stage which was in the middle of the park by Lake Michigan. We went to check out Dragonette and.........We headed to the North Side of the park to catch The xx and once again, they where Awesum. Perfect for a hot day. Calm and soothing. After The xx, we walked around for a bit. Samy and I went to check out A.F.I. on the South Side and they KILLED IT! Davey (lead singer) came out with a black jacket with stuff shinning on the collor. Just to let you know, it was HOT and he was giving us a performance of a lifetime. Davey was crawling and screaming like a crazy banshee. You go girl. That haircut he had was fierce by the way. Have not seen that since the 70s on my uncle Juan fom La Puente. Feathered on the front and shaved from the side. A.F.I. knows how to put on a show. The last time I saw them was maybe 4 years ago in Long Beach for DecemberUnderground tour. That was an AWESUM show.
lollapalooza2010,jdn73,cutcopy
We went back to the North Side to catch Cut Copy. Just to let you know, it's a walk to the other side of the park, I mean a walk. give or take 15 minutes. So we sat down and you could hear Social D from the South Side. That is crazy. I guess Mike Ness wanted to pump up the place. ROCK STAR. Cut Copy went on and I was excited to hear the new tunes. They gave one out for free just last week and it's okay. It's different. Kind of folky. It's going to take a couple of listens to get use to. They played there hits and they had us dancing. I noticed that they too are all nicely dressed. They have that early Joy Division look. All grays. Nice. They played a couple of new songs and I was not to crazy feeling it.
lollapalooza2010,jdn73lollapalooza2010,jdn73,empireofthesun
We left Cut Copy after 30 minutes into the show to catch Empire of the Sun at the Perry stage (shameless). When we arrived, this place was packed with crazy kids. I noticed that there was no glowsticks around to be found, but it was insane to get around. Some people where leaving to catch Phoenix and Green Day. Once Empire of the Sun came out, it got.....CRAZY! It felt like I was in L.A. When people don't give a $H*T. They would step on you and push you out of the way to to get close to the front. $H*T. Other then that, they where......GOOD. They blew me away. It reminded me of Fischerspooner a bit. The dancing and the costumes. Very performance art. The visuals where okay, but that was alright. The whole show was.......I was just blown away and thank god I bought a ticket to the All Sold Out shows in Los Angeles. That is going to be a awesum show indooors. Yea. Day 2, gameover.
lollapalooza2010,jdn73,afi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive