Tuesday, September 7, 2010

COLD.CAVE (LiVE!) @Detroit.Bar (Costa Mesa, CA)

coldcave,jdn73
Cold Cave
September.3.2010

While heading to the O.C., there was a car accident on the freeway but it was not on my side. So there was a bit of delay because people where looking. Why? Just FCVKn go. There was not much to see. Crazy. So the last time I was here at Detroit Bar in Costa Mesa was......wow, maybe 3 years ago and it still looks the same. I like this place because it's small and perfect to watch a show. The sound here is okay and every corner of the room is a good view. When I arrived, the venue was not packed. Everyone (20 of use) is at the bar and I am the only one on the main floor. You would think this place would be a little busy considering it's Labor Day weekend, but I guess not.
coldcave,jdn73
The last time I saw Cold Cave was maybe last year at The Echo. They are such a good band and I wanted to see what new stuff they had (none). They Play L.A. tomorrow but it's a one day festival with other good bands. I want to go because the closer is The Rapture (I am so curious on what there new stuff sounds and plus, a member left the band. I wonder who). Last minute, I decided not go because do I really want to go to another festival? I think I am burned out right now. But I would of loved to have seen The Rapture. Next time.
abevigoda,jdn73
It's 10:30pm and the 1st band just hit the stage. Abe Vigoda was the opener and they where okay. At first, I was not into it but after the 2nd song, they pulled me in. I like the sound, very dance-punk you might say. I liked the kid (Michael Vidal) who was playing the KORG and guitar, he was getting down and he was funny too. "If you like Madonna, "Confessions on the Dancefloor" you are gonna like this next song", said Michael. That was funny and I really liked the song they played. The lead singer (Juan Velazquez) had a unique voice, but I wished I could hear what he was saying. I was in the back of the room and could not make out anything he was singing about. I think I would see them again and I might just add them on Myspace (wish I did already). Abe Vigoda got off around 11pm and I moved up to the front.
coldcave,jdn73
Once again, Cold.Cave.......KILLIED iT! They had us dancing and the drunk guys in front of me kept it together. Thank God. There was no new material, but they had some new shirts (of course bought one). The only downside, there was no encore and the set was......SHORT. The concert was over right at midnight and they had us thinking they might come back on stage, but no. They only played 7 songs (I think) or 8. Who knows, but Electro Goth RULES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive