Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Scissor.Sisters (LiVE!) @the.Hollywood Palladium

scissorsisters,jdn73
Scissor Sisters
Hollywood Palladium, L.A. CA
September.11.2010

Casey Spooner perform his solo album tonight and he sounded.......did I just see him get on the floor and kicked his legs up in the air? That's funny. It seemed like I was watching a lounge singer in Vegas. He had this silver shinny suit on with a small white curtain in the background. No band, just him up there with a mic and someone pressing play after each song. I just got to see 10 minutes of his show. I thought he was gonna be spinning. Wow, someone busted out with a blue bear outfit that looks like that monster on Monster Inc. I hungout a bit in the lobby to people watch and it was a scene. It felt like I was in NYCity because you saw all types of people. They (L.A.) actually put an effort to dress up, tonight. I see some glitter on people faces and sequin. Yup, sequin. I saw 5 sequin jackets just passed by me and a dress. It seems like Halloween has arrived early here too. From the blue bear outfit to the pokemon hoodie and a crazy bright red wig that I cannot even explain. I kept staring at the guy's wig trying to make out the highlights on the tip of the hair.
caseyspooner,scissorsister,jdn73
One thing that I noticed when I walked in The Palladium that they don't pat you down and make you take everything out of your pockets. Why the change? Did someone sue? It use to be TIGHT security in here to the point that you could not bring gum into the palladium.
samyjoe,jdn73scissorsister,jdn73
After Casey's performance I went to the shirt stand. What the FCVK? All they had was fitted shirts. I thought, "nice fit, not to loose", but it was more tight then fitted. I mean.....TIGHT! I guess they don't (Scissor Sisters) like to cater to the bigger people. The Xtra large was the size of a child shirt. I asked if this was for women and she said no, they are smaller. What? Smaller? Hello Jake, not all of use are twickers and the size of a pencil. But I was glad to see Casey had his CD for sale and I got it. I went back to the main floor and headed to the stage.
scissorsisters,jdn73scissorsister,jdn73,bigdaddy
Scissor Sisters went on right at 10:35p and Jake Shears (lead singer) came out looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger in "Terminator" with black spandex on. The last time I saw someone wear spandex here was Andy Bell (lead singer of Erasure) who wore red spandex for "The Circus Tour". But, Andy wore it the best. Baby Daddy (guitarist) looks the same. Del Marques (bassist) looks like George Michael from the 90's and Ana Matronic looked like Bettie Page from the 1950's. But the playlist was.......WACK! What the FCVK? No "Mary", "Return To Oz", "Get It Get It", "It Can't Come Quickly Enough" or "The Skins"?. At least they played "Running Out", "Something Like This" (with a lazers). Wow, lazers. Lazers are expensive, just to let you know. To tell you the truth, I was getting bored. I was not like this the first time I saw them. They kicked a$$, but tonight, that magic was not there. I guess because they did not play those songs I wanted to hear that made me Love them. They sure woke me up at the end when they closed it off with "Invisible Light" (more lazers that kicked....a$$!), "Comfortably Numb" and a not so crazy rework of "Filthy/Gorgeous" (with a down pour of confetti at the end). I was not crazy about that new version and the singing was not there on that song. That's when they should of pressed play. They played live and sang live all night with backup singers so it was time for old school computers to take over. I would of not mind. Not even the juice heads who already took off there shirts the moment they heard the first dance beat would of cared. They are drunk at this point.
scissorsisters,jdn73

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive