Monday, September 27, 2010

KELE (LiVE!) @the.Music.Box (Los Angeles, CA)

kele,jdn73,blocparty
Kele
The Music Box
September.21.2010

FCVK! I missed Innerpartysystem, $H*T. Oh well. When I walked into the main floor, I looked up and what do you know, Dam! I went back to the lobby to checkout the shirts and I was not crazy about Kele's. I wanted a "Does It Offend You, Yeah?", but all they had was woman sizes only. What?! They where cool too and they have a new logo design. I guess I have to buy online. Before I came into the Music Box, I got in line for will call and once I turned around to get padded down by security, I see Har Har Super Star next in line. Does he still make music?
doesitoffendyouyeah,jdn73
After looking at the shirts, I went back to the main floor. Smash-up after smash-up I hear. It makes me wanna poke my ears out. I should throw my gum to make him stop. I looked around and I noticed a very young crowd here. I wonder who some came to see. I am so curios about "Does It Offend You, Yeah?" new music and line-up (I know they added a female to the band) or how are they gonna be and if the new stuff is gonna....ROCK? I am gonna find out tonight.
doesitoffendyouyeah,jdn73
Its 9 something and "Does It offend You, Yeah?" went on and after there first song (that sounded, AWESUM!), they announced that James Rushent (lead singer) was sick and was not able to sing tonight, but they are still gonna perform without him. The crowd was not pleased, but you know what, they did a great job without him. They had me moving and some people started to dance and forgot about James (not good). The new stuff sounded really good and the new members where.......Awesum! You can hear people behind me saying "I did not know there was a girl in the band and when did they add the girl?". They added the girl I think a year ago. Morgan Quiantance left the band to focus on his other band. People are not doing there research. They played a few songs and they closed it off with "We Are Rockstars". They did a great job and I wanted more and if you noticed, they played music that had few vocals. After they left the stage, I notice people started to leave. I guess a small amount where here for "Does It". Nice. More room.
kele,jdn73,blocparty
I just got s notice on my phone saying that "The Charlatans have cancelled there shows". DAM! What's next? But you know what? That's alright because I had a ticket for tonights show at Detroit Bar and I could not go because I am here. It worked out well for me, but I was hoping to catch them tomorrow. Oh well. That's the second time they cancelled a show in Los Angeles. What's going on? Whats really going on is I do not know what is worse, drunk people or people with BAD breath? I think at this point, I prefer drunk people because this girls breathe is kicking. No matter where I turn my head, I can not escape that nasty smell. Just to let you know, she was next to me through the whole show. DAM!
kele,jdn73,blocparty
Kele went on and it was tough to get this crowd going after Does It Offend You, Yeah?. Kele was trying his best to pump us up after that performance, but it was not happening. At some point it did. When he played a Bloc Party song (completely reworked), people went CRAZY! He would talk about his band like if they broken up, but he said something else that made you think they are working on a new album. Who knows what is going on. I just hope there is a Bloc Party album I'm the future.
kele,jdn73,blocpartykele,jdn73,blocparty
Kele was doing good on his own and he was getting down. He had a really cool little dance going. I thought he would have backup dancers, but he did not (thank GOD). It was just him with three other band members. He had a Asian guy on drums, a female on keyboards and a English (white) guy on guitar and programs. I would look into the crowd and there was only one black guy around me. You would think there would be a following, but there was not. There was White, Spanish, Asians, Gays, Lesbians and so on to watch him and that's a BiG thing in my book. Kele was funny and very polite to us even though he was having a rough time calling us Los Angeles or L.A. He played three songs for the encore and the last song to close the night was another Bloc Party song "Flux". NiCE! Over all, Kele did okay, but was he freeballing? Ohhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive