Friday, September 17, 2010

Funeral.Party (LiVE!) @the.Bootleg.(Los Angeles, CA)

funeralparty,jdn73
Funeral Party
Bootleg, Los Angeles, CA
September.14.2010

So the bands perform in the lobby of this theater, groovy. This is my first time coming here for a show. The sound is good from what I hear from the second band. It's a bit busy, maybe around 40 people in here so far. I like the space. Its half the size of Spaceland (maybe the size of the main floor) and perfect to see bands from every angle. I know that Hot Hot Heat performed a month ago here and Holly Miranda. Now I know that I should catch a show here.
funeralparty,jdn73
I am so curious on how this band (Funeral Party) is gonna be and sound. They are getting great press from NME. I heard a song from them on myspace and they sounded okay. So let's see. There is this guy next to me introducing his friends to this girl who works for RCA. I was trying to hear there conversation but it was not happening. The only thing I heard the tall guy say was, "there are two guys in the band, right?". I was, what? This guy did not do his research. He covered up his mistake by saying, "its hard to keep track of bands because I see so many". Funny. I walked around (more like a shift, to the right and a shift to the left. The place is small) and sure enough, I see dickhead. Man. I saw his stacks of flyers on the tables, so I decided to put my sticker on them. A$$hole. I looked up into the stage and I see them spreading flowers. I guess it's going to be a funeral party after all.
funeralparty,jdn73
Funeral Party went on and they where okay. They had great energy and they had some people moving. Did the lead singer just threw his flower into the crowd? At first I was, "what the FCVK was that?". Even some of the people where surprised because it hit this guy in the front, on the shoulder. Then all of a sudden, he broke out with a mask (something the three musketeers would wear) and wore it threw the song. They played around 7 songs and they had to stop because the lead was having problems with his voice. The overall performance was....okay. But it was great to see whats the deal on this band. Good luck guys and congrats on the Fred Perry.
funeralparty,jdn73

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive