Saturday, August 13, 2011

Lollapalooza.2011.(Friday)

lollapalooza2011,jdn73,crystalcastles,lollapalooza
Lollapalooza.(Friday).2011
Grant Park, Chicago, IL
August.5.2011

My new flight was scheduled at 7am and we actually took off. I arrived around 9:30 at O'Hare. I noticed alot of people for the concert when I was in line for my Metro card. Got on the Blue Line and arrived to the hotel around 11am. Eliane was in the shower and Samy and Raquel where still in bed, but awake. I unpacked quickly and got ready.

We arrived to Lolla around 1:45p and they gave us the three day wrist band that looked so much like Coachella's. Nice. They stopped handing out there thick schedule book. I guess they really want to go GREEN this year, but they did have a pamphlet with a map of the grounds and the time schedules of the bands for the weekend. I downloaded there app before I got to Chicago and let me tell you, it ROCKs! It's way better than Coachella's app. Perry really brings the BEST to this festival.

We headed to the food stands because we where all hungry. Raquel requested that we should have the Lobster Dog. Lobster Dog? She said, "they are the talk of Lolla that it is a MUST try" and it sure was. That $H!T was GOOD! After eating, I wanted to see Reptar.
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,crystalcastles,lollapalooza,muse,reptar
The band members from Reptar came out and I was (in my mind), "this is gonna be bad" because they looked like Hippie's with bad clothing on. The keyboardest was the strangest one. He had on this bright blue body suit that was soooooo tight that showed his family jewels. Not a sight I wanted to see for the first day, maybe at night. It was a bizzare looking band and the second drummer broke out with these tiny cymbals and hit them. "This is REALLY gonna be BAD!". They played the first song and it sounded a bit off and I gave them another chance. The second song was a bit better until they played the third song and I was in. They reminded me of Vampire Weekend with a funky laidback feel. I stuck around for thirty minutes because I wanted to catch Foster the People. When I turned around, I did not see Elaine, Samy or Raquel. I looked around the whole Goggle+ Stage for about ten minutes and nothing. I texted them and there was no signal. $H!T, here we go. I decided to just go because I did not want to miss Foster the People. When I got to the stage where they where playing, it was !NSANE. Wow, they really blew up fast. It was a mission to get in and I just said, "FCVK !T". So I headed to the other stage to see White Lies. It was less crowded and it was easy to get to the front. Nice. You can hear the set of Foster the People in the background and they closed out there set with "Helena Beat" and "Waste" (of course), but hey sounded great.
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,crystalcastles,lollapalooza,muse,reptar,twodoorcinemaclub,whitelies
White Lies hit the stage after Foster the People and they K!LLED !T. This is my first time seeing them at an outdoor venue and they sounded AMAZ!NG. The hour set went by so fast that people wanted more. I wanted MORE! They ended there set with "Bigger Than Us". Nice. After there set I went across the other stage (Sony Stage) to checkout Two Door Cinema Club and there was already a crowd, but not as bad as Foster the People. I kept looking at my phone and still no connection. This $H!T SUX.
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,crystalcastles,lollapalooza,muse,reptar,twodoorcinemaclub
Once again, Two Door Cinema Club played a amazing set and CONGRATS to them. This band has not stopped touring and it payed off. Just last year, they played The Troubadour, the begining of the year at The Music Box and in a couple of month's, they play The Wiltern and they only have one album out! Thats pretty AW3SUM! Can not wait for the new album and I hope they release it by the end of the year.
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,crystalcastles,lollapalooza
I had a hour to kill after there set and I went to grab some food. I got a text from Samy and Eliane but that was an hour ago. I wrote back and told them that I was gonna see Crystal Castels at the Sony Stage. I grabbed a Deep Dish Pizza and it was really GOOD and only $5.00 for a huge slice. I sat by the Google+ Stage and I heard Tinie Tempah in the background. He sounded really good. I was gonna go check him out, but I was running out of time. I headed to the Sony Stage and there was a crowd, but not to crazy yet. I guess some people are busy watching A Perfect Circle across the way. In less then ten minutes, there was a crowd slowly forming. Once Crystal Castles hit the stage, it was madness. People started to move forward and I followed. I was next to this crazy girl who would not shut the FCVK UP about Alice Glass (Lead Singer). She kept on saying, "she is so beautiful. Look at her. I want her haircut. She is a mess and that is why I LOVE her!". She kept saying this for a good five minutes in that same order. Then she was pushed aside by some kids. Thank GOD! Alice Glass was a mess! She looked a bit out of it too. On some songs, she looked like she was not singing, but it was another CRAZY Crystal Castles show. Alice Glass cast was off, but you can tell her leg is slowly recovering. She kept going in the crowd a couple of times. There was one point where they stood her up so she can walk but that only lasted a couple of seconds. The set went fast and they closed it with "Not In Love". People wanted more and some stuck around hoping for them to come out, but nothing.
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,crystalcastles,lollapalooza,muse
I walked across to the other stage to catch MUSE. Okay...For a second, I thought I stepped on $H!T because I kept smelling it around me. But it was this field. I guess they decided to put some manure before the event. Not a good idea because the heat and that smell is not a nice mix. But anyway, MUSE once again K!LLED it. They ROCK. The sound was amazing. The stage lighting was awesome and the visuals where cool. What a PERFECT band to end the night for me. Day One is over and still no good connection. Once I walked out of the venue I heard Coldplay from faraway. They sounded good. Of course I get a connection now that I am out of the Lolla grounds, of course.

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ - AW3SUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive