Friday, August 12, 2011

Pre.Lollapalooza.2011

Pre.Lollapalooza.2011
Chicago, IL
Thursday.August.4.2011


I was schedule to arrive on Thursday, but of course the plane gets canceled and it had to happen in Boston, MA. Logan Airport is STILL under construction. It's been how long, 10 years already? They need to get there $H!T together. First, when I arrived to the airport, the check in person kept looking at my papers and my ID alot. I started to think that, I am not on the list to go on this flight. He looked at me and gave me my stuff and told me, "who booked this flight for you?". I said, "me, why?". "You put down Mrs", he said. "Oh $H!T, I did not realize that. I should of double checked. That what happens when you rush, right? To be honest with you, I am going threw a transition". He laughed and he told me, "you might not get in because you have Mrs". I was nervous when he told me that, but you know what, I got in. That was the red flag and that's when everything went down hill. The flight was scheduled to leave at 1:30pm. Everything was fine at first. They boarded first calls and all that other stuff. Then they stopped boarding the plane. The announcer told us that the plane needed a valve to be replaced. Then she said, "we ordered the part and it won't arrive within a hour and it's going to take another hour to replace it. So we need to stop boarding". People started to come out from the plane and they where P!ST. Now my flight will not leave until 3pm. There where some people runnning around complaining because some have connecting flights. Three o'clock came and they announced that the flight is not ready. "They fixed the problem, but the part had a leak. We will not board until 5pm. The flight is not going to be canceled, we will take off today", said the flight attendent. Some people started to get restless. I texted Elaine on whats going on. Elaine is one of my friends who I am gonna met up with at Chicago with Raquel and Samy. We all went to Lollapalooza last year and had so much fun, that we decided to do it again this year. So once again, we boarded the plane. I texted Elaine that I was boarding and to leave my hotel key at the front desk. We boarded the plane and everyone was seated. They shut the door plane. We started to hear strange noises for about five minutes and then they told us, that they where still fixing the problem. Some people started to get up and got off the plane. The stewardess told us, "If you have a connecting flight, you should get off the plane". So twenty percent of the people did. Thirty minutes passed. Another ten. "They are still fixing and they should be done, soon". Twenty minutes later, we started to move. We parked for a couple of minutes on the run way. All of a sudden, we heard the noise again. The plane turned around and docked again. "We have to turn around because the part they installed seems to be not working very well. Sorry, but we have to cancel the flight", said the Pilot. We got off and people where furious. They wanted answers and refunds. I went to the ticket booth that was far away. They booked me for a flight tomorrow and gave me a free hotel and meal ticket. I grab my bag from baggage claim and hopped on the Hilton bus. They gave me my room and I texted Elaine. I called Gary and told him the whole story. Once I got off the phone, I odered room service and turned on the TV. I wanted to see Project Runway and they did not have Lifetime. FCVK, really! I looked for MTV and NO! DAM! I was pist. I was at the tipping point. If something else would of happened, I think I would of went off on someone. I decided to call it a night. FUCK YOU Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive