Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lollapalooza.(Sunday).2011

lollapalooza2011,jdn73,lollapalooza
Lollapalooza.(Sunday).2011
Grant Park, Chicago, IL
August.7.2011


The last and final day and I have been having so much fun. So excited to see The Cars. Never seen then before and I came close to seeing them at The Hollywood Palladium. Once I saw the ticket price, I was, "no way, $70.00?!". I'll pass and wait until Lolla".
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,lollapalooza,arcticmonkeys,thecars,daedelus
We went to Perry's Stage (it looks so much like The Sahara Tent from Coachella's dance tent) to catch Daedelus. I never heard of him before until last nite and he was good. He is not a DJ. He makes music by hitting these buttons that create beats and samples. I don't get it, but he is a show to watch. Both performances didn't not display what he is doing up on stage. I found out by Raquel showing me a YouTube video. They should, so people could see that crazy machine he is working on. I thought he was mixing with his computer and touching knobs on the mixer.

I was looking around the Perry Stage and I noticed that they opened up the ceiling. They had fans on almost all the pillars. There was an emergency tent just ten feet away. I guess this is the place with more incidents then any other stage around the park. Sure enough, I see a person being wheeled off to the emergency tent.
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,lollapalooza,arcticmonkeys,thecars
I went to the Music Unlimited Stage by myself. There was a good amount of people here for The Cars. I saw old and young (maybe the young are here to get closer for Arctic Monkeys). The Cars came out and they sounded GREAT. They did not do much, but the crowd was really into it, singing along to the hits and the new songs. If you have not gotten the new Cars album ("Move Like This"), you are missing out on a well done album.
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,lollapalooza,arcticmonkeys
After The Cars, I went to get something to eat before I head back to the Music Unlimted Stage. I looked up and I noticed black clouds slowly coming over the park. I knew right away that it was gonna rain real soon, but I still wanted to see Arctic Monkeys. Sure enough once I got to the stage, it started to rain. Then it pour down. People where not moving. I though they where, but no. They loved it and we noticed that they started to cover the equipment. Some people where shouting "Rain or Shine!". I wanted to leave, but I said to myself, FCVK !t. I am drenced and it feels good. The body heat from the people around me kept me warm. It was not bad, but they did delayed the show. They did not cancel (that was a good thing).

It was 45 minutes of non-stop pouring rain and then it stopped. The sun was slowly coming out and they started to uncover the equipment. People started cheering and then chaos broke once they hit the stage. People started to mosh, body surf and push to get closer. I stood behind when people started to push forward. It was getting crazy, but it was a GREAT experience. I am here watching a English band and getting that European festival feel that I see all the time in the NME. It was a good thing that I decided to stay then to leave.

The Monkeys played a good 45 minute set that passed there scheduled end time. I think The Foo Fighters let them play longer because the rain started right when they where about to go on. There was no other band playing on the other stage. Plus, fans waited in the rain for the Arctic Monkeys and It was there BEST show I have ever been too. They sounded incredible. Alex Turner (lead singer) cut his long hair. He is rocking a rockabilly new look and it's working for him.
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,lollapalooza,arcticmonkeys,thecars,daedelus,modeselektor
When the show was over, there was a MAD rush of people to get to the front for Foo Fighters. I was doing good on not getting any mud on me, but I stepped in a huge puddle of mud, nice. My shoes and my legs where covered in mud. Now I am getting the REAL experience. I headed to The Perry Tent to catch Modselektor. That place was CRAZY, but in a good way. I saw people dancing in the mud puddles, just having a good time.
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,lollapalooza,arcticmonkeys,thecars
Modselektor was not catching my intrest one bit. There visuals where weak. The people where more entertaining then them. I walked around the tent just people watching. I was having a really good time and soaking this up. Then once again, another down pour. Thank GOD I finished my ice cream on time or I would of been bummed.
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,lollapalooza,arcticmonkeys,thecars,daedelus,modeselektor
Today was the last day and it was the BEST from from all the other days. Thank you Samy, Raquel and Elaine. You guys are the best and thanks for a GREAT time. See ya next year.

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ - AW3SUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive