Monday, August 15, 2011

Lollapalooza.(Saturday).2011

lollapalooza2011,jdn73,crystalcastles,lollapalooza,muse,reptar,twodoorcinemaclub,whitelies,chaingangof1974
Lollapalooza.(Saturday).2011
Grant Park, Chicago, IL
August.6.2011

We arrived to Lolla around 2pm and we made a plan to have a meeting place. It was at are favorite food stand that sold Pulled Pork Sandwichies (YUMMY!) next to a ATM machine. Samy and the girls told me I should have the Pull Pork, they had it last nite. I told them I was eye balling it yesterday. We all got one and it was delicious that I wanted another one, but I decided to wait until later tonight. The food here again is so GOOD and reasonably priced. Sorry, but Coachella has some $H!TTY a$$ food and expensive.
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,crystalcastles,lollapalooza,muse,reptar,twodoorcinemaclub,whitelies,chaingangof1974,dom,thedrums,friendlyfires
We headed to the Bud Lite Stage to catch Friendly Fires. It rained late last nite and this morning, but it cleared in the afternoon. The fields where a bit wet and muddy. We got to the Bud Lite Stage and Friendly Fires where on. They had a busy crowd and I wanted to go in, but it was HOT under the sun. Yesturday I was under the sun alot that when I arrived back to the hotel, I took off my shirt and I had a wife beater tan. Nice.

Friendly Fires once again threw a GREAT show. It seemed they did not mind the heat because they where sweating from all that shaking and moving. They are always a fun band to watch because of the energy they bring to the shows. The new stuff from PALA (album title) sounded great. It's another MUST GET album.
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,crystalcastles,lollapalooza,muse,reptar,twodoorcinemaclub,whitelies,chaingangof1974,dom
After Friendly Fires set, we headed to Google+ Stage to check out DOM. I don't really know much about them and I wanted to check them out. I only have one track from them, "Living In America" and it's a good little funky dancy song. They come out and they played there first song. I was not into it at ALL. I was hoping to like them, but it was not happening.
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,crystalcastles,lollapalooza,muse,reptar,twodoorcinemaclub,whitelies,chaingangof1974
After half a song from DOM, we went to checkout Chain Gang of 1974 (my favorite NEW band of 2011). They really bring back the 80's sound with a contemporary twist to there music. Even the lead singer (Kamtin Mohager) dances like one of the members from Tears For Fears 80's video "Mad World" (LOVE the way they dance on that video). They really bring back my childhood day's; I think that could be the reason why I like them so much. Besides me liking them, ALOT, the new album (Waywaid Fire) is...AWESUM! They did not disappoint and today, they did not D!SAPPO!NT.

Kamtin Mohager (Lead Singer) did his signature thing and that would be; bring down the mic stand and sing in the crowd. He only did it for one song and went back on stage. This is my third time seeing them and they brought !T. It's cool that they got to play this HUGE festival and he was gracious about it too. It was also great to see that people where into them. WATCH OUT for this band!
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,crystalcastles,lollapalooza,muse,reptar,twodoorcinemaclub,whitelies,chaingangof1974,dom,thedrums
We went back to Google+ Stage to catch The Drums. They where already on and my gang decided to go there different ways. I moved up closer to the stage but it was a little tough because there was alot of mud puddles. I found an okay spot and The Drums where not The Drums. It could of been the heat and it looks like they are losing that fun energy they use to have. It could of been the heat or the jackets they wore. It's HOT and HUMID and half of the members are wearing jackets. They are crazy, but sure enough, they took them off after the last three songs. Jonathan Pierce (Lead Singer) announced that there new album will be coming out in September and they played a new song called "Money". It's catchy.

After The Drums set, I went to met up with my gang at are meeting spot and we had pulled pork, again! Yummy. I am not gonna $H!T for a week. We all headed back to the Google+ Stage to see Lykke Li. It was a packed crowd. This time seeing her, she brought it, but I think she is wearing the same outfit she wore at Coachella two years ago. It looked like a heavy duty Glad trash bag. It must be for the rain, who knows. Towards the end of her set, they played a K!LLER Knife song (Silent Shout) that they just jammed into and it was the...$H!T. That was my highlight from her show for me. ROCK ON!
lollapalooza2011,jdn73,crystalcastles,lollapalooza,muse,reptar,twodoorcinemaclub,whitelies,chaingangof1974,dom,thedrums,friendlyfires,lykkeli
After her set, half of my crew wanted to see Eminem and we parted ways. I went to get some ice cream that I kept looking at and it was the...$H!T. It was so good that I wanted another, but I'll save until tomorrow. Day 2, over and out.

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ - AW3SUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive