Friday, October 21, 2011

Culture.Collide.(Sunday).2011

jdn73,culturecollide. echopark

Culture.Collide.2011.
Day.4.
Sunday.October.9.2011
Toyota.Antics.Block.Concert




This is my first time coming to the outdoor event and I am kicking myself for 
not coming last year.  It's a mini Sunset/Junction.  They had food trucks, live  painter's painting and all sorts of other cool things.  They had two stages.  The smaller stage was  a fold out stage.  Never seen anything like it and I didn't  know they made something like that.  It must be imported from the Mid-West.
jdn73,culturecollide. echopark
I arrived around 6 and I thought it was gonna be hard to get in, but it wasn't.  
You had to print out a ticket for this event in order to get in, but they never  asked for it.  They just saw your wristband and let you in. Why have us print out a ticket?  Not very green.
jdn73,culturecollide. echopark,clapyourhandssayyea,indie,rock,music,festival
Clap Your Hands Say Yea went on time and they where not as bad as I thought they where gonna be.  Not the most exciting band, but they where okay and they sounded good. I heard bad stories about them live.  They where okay on my case and I    would see them again. 
jdn73,culturecollide. echopark,clapyourhandssayyea,indie,rock,music,festival,css,datarock
Next at the fold out stage was Datarock.  They where good, but I had to leave.  
I was next to a speaker that was really FCVKn up my ear.  I noticed I was not 
the only one having this problem.  So after three songs, I left and walked 
around.  I noticed a bunch of family here.  I guess they are here for CSS. 
jdn73,culturecollide. echopark,clapyourhandssayyea,indie,rock,music,festival,css
I went to the main stage to catch CSS and it was already getting crowded with 
people.  CSS hit the stage right when Datarock finished(they are quick here).  
Lovefoxxx came out wearing a Catwomen costume with here mask all bedazzled.  I         notices that Adriano Cintra (Bass Player) was not on stage.  
Someone else filled in his spot.  Lovefoxxx (Lead Singer) did not even mention him on his 
where abouts.  Was he sick or did he leave the band?  What ever the case, I miss 
his crazy energy, but Lovefoxxx took care of that.  She was making jokes, "okay 
guys, dance like Shakira" and she would do the dance moves.  Funny.  
Once again, little by little she would strip down to her short shorts and stage 
dive into the crowd.  

In the middle of the set, the main speakers went out, but the stage monitors 
where on.  People stopped jumping and dancing, but once they 
fixed it, people cheered and went back to what they where doing.  All the new 
songs sounded GREAT.  They started out with "Red Alert" and ended with "City 
Girl".  If you haven't gotten the NEW album, "La Liberacion" it's a MUST.  What a GREAT     comeback album.  The put the fun back. 
jdn73,culturecollide. echopark,clapyourhandssayyea,indie,rock,music,festival,css,datarock,ganggangdance
 Next band was Gang Gang Dance on the fold out stage.  I keep hearing so much 
about them and I am waiting to see what kind of show they are gonna put on.  The 
person next to me was so excited to see them and he couldn't wait to hear some 
killer dance music.  Dance music?  I was...confused because they are far away 
from dance music.  Gang Gang Dance are Avant Garde Experimental dance band.  Maybe heheard a remix.  

Gang Gang Dance came out and Lizzi Bougatsos (Lead Singer) came out wearing a 
mosquito net looking outfit (Now that is Avant Garde).  They had okay visuals, but they     where NOT holding my interest.  After 2 songs, I left and walked around.  The event was    slowly wrapping things up.  I wanted more and it was only 9 o'clock.  They said midnight.  Maybe there was more in Tiax.  I'll be back next year because for twenty bucks, it's a deal.  

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ - AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive