Wednesday, October 26, 2011

the.DRUMs.(L!V3) @EchoPlex

jdn73,thedrums,echoplex,losangeles,indie,concert,music

The.Drums.2011
@EchoPlex.(Los Angeles, CA)
Monday.October.17.2011

This concert is gonna be a long niter.  The Drums are scheduled to go on at midnight.  FCVK.  Really, midnight?!  $H!T, another late night.  I did not come home from Detroit Bar until 1am because the 405 was shut down by the 605 fwy.  So we all had to get off and take the streets. 
jdn73,thedrums,echoplex,losangeles,indie,concert,musicThe first band was...(no comment) and IO Echo was a BORE.  I saw them before and they where okay, but this time around, they rubbed me the wrong way.  It looks like they are trying to hard to be a über cool band. The lead singer kept pushing her guitarists around (Punk rock) and I was surprised they did fall or lose a note.  They might of choreographed this.

The crowd was getting a bit rowdy.  There was this guy with a couple of friends with him (of course he was...DRUNK), pushing his way up to the very front of the stage.  He was trying to push the girls that where on the rail.  They really stood there ground.  They pushed him away a couple times.  I was very surprise that his friends did not calm him down.  They just laughed as if it was cute.    
jdn73,thedrums,echoplex,losangeles,indie,concert,musicOnce The.Drums hit the stage (they played The Smiths "How Soon Is Now?"), it got crazy.  It was a good crazy, but there's that guy again, trying to push these girls off the rail.  Where is security at this point to kick this guy out.  You gotta give it up to the ladies, they kept him away.  I felt bad for them .  Sure enough, a guy that was next to the girls, grabbed him by his coller and pushed him away.  It worked, but where was this guy in the beginning?  
jdn73,thedrums,echoplex,losangeles,indie,concert,musicThe.Drums threw an AMAZING show once again.  I got my ticket at the last minute and thank God I did.  I LOVE the new album, "Portamento".  It got a mixed review on NME (of course), but they are comparing them to The Smiths lately.  Which I can see and hear on the way Jonathan Pierce (Lead Singer) writes his words to his songs.  Very Patrick.  The more I listen to this album and the lyrics, I hear it.  You need to get Potramento.  

When the show was over, there was a guy saying, "They did not play, Let's Go Surfing!".  I guess he didn't get the memo.  They are trying to stay away from that song, but that song put them on the map.  Rock on! 

\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  -  AWESUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive