Saturday, October 8, 2011

Erasure.(L!V3) @the.Hollywood.Palladium

erasure,80s,electro,pop,jdn73,anybell,vinceclarke,music

Erasure.2011
@Hollywood.Palladium.(Los Angeles, CA)
Saturday.October.1.2011



The first time I saw them was the Circus Tour when Andy Bell (Singer) wore a red leotard with black tights or vise versa?  I forgot.  I was 18...I think, but it was a AWESUM show from what I remembered and it was another AWESUM show tonight!  They never disappointed me yet.
erasure,80s,electro,pop,jdn73,anybell,vinceclarke,musicAndy Bell still owns the stage and what energy he still has.  I kept looking at him and I was wondering if he had some work done.  If he did, good for him.  Besides getting work done, the design of the stage  was simple compared to the past shows.  It was a Medieval Theme.  They had a couple of gargoyles on stage and Vince Clarke (the genius)  used one as his podium to place his laptop. 
erasure,80s,electro,pop,jdn73,anybell,vinceclarke,musicFrankmusik was the opener and...yea.  Was not into it.  He reminded me of a cheesy Calvin Harris.  Frankmusik produced the New Erasure album (which I have not gotten yet).

After Frankmuzik, it was that DJ guy that STILL plays mash-up.  FCVK, really!  So, yea.  I noticed him Diva out a bit and he played some wacky $H!T.  I preferred Frankmusik.

I looked around and sure enough, I had to be close to a person who went to my high school (South Gate High).  I really don't know him very well, but he lost some weight.  I was going to, but decided not to.  I was next to him through the who show.  Funny.  And...I did not know he was, gay.  Oh, South Gayte, I love you. 
erasure,80s,electro,pop,jdn73,anybell,vinceclarke,musicErasure went on and what a show.  It brought me back to high school and it felt great.  They started with a new song.  From there on, it was hit after hit and then a new song.  Here is the set list:

New Song
Always
New Song
Blue Savannah
New Song
Breath of Life
Drama
New Song
Ship of Fools
Chorus
Breathe
Victim of Love
New Song
Hideaway
Love to Hate You
New Song
New Song
Chains of Love
Sometimes
Little Respect
---------
Oh L'Amour
Stop!

I couldn't believe that they played "Hideaway".  One of my favorite songs.  That song has so much meaning.  I wish I knew some of the new songs, but they sounded really...GOOD.  I can not wait for my copy (I hope soon). 

\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  -  FCVKn AWESUM!!!!!
erasure,80s,electro,pop,jdn73,anybell,vinceclarke,music

3 comments:

  1. Sucks, I was away when they were here!!! I remember seeing them at "Irvine Meadows", the Wild Tour (late 80s) & at the Wiltern for "Chorus" tour (early 90s). Ooooooo, all those hits they played!! Now I really wish I was there!!! Glad you had fun & thanks for the blog, I was wondering how the show was & now it's confirmed, I freaking missed out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a GREAT show Julian, Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great band and great show as always .. big Erasure fan here too

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive