Monday, October 3, 2011

the.Horrors.(L!V3) @el.Rey.Theatre

jdn73,thehorrors,indie,rock,concert,losangeles,elreytheater
The.Horrors.2011
@El.Rey Theatre (Los Angeles, CA)
Thursday.September.15.2011

Now this was a...SHOW!!!  Did not know what to except from them and I was BLOWN AWAY!

When I got close to the venue, I was hit up twice for my ticket.  I didn't know this concert was SOLD OUT until I was in line for my ticket at will call.  I came close to seeing them at Detroit Bar and I should of went.  I downloaded the new album (Skying) and it's FCVKn AMAZING .  It's better then "Primary Colors".  Who knew this band was gonna BREAK, B!G T!ME.  No one new (not even myself).  Just like Radiohead.  Everybody thought after Pablo Honey, they would be gone.  But they surprised us with a Great second album, just like The Horrors.     Just to let you know, I am NOT comparing them to Radiohead, just the journey.
jdn73,thehorrors,indie,rock,concert,losangeles,elreytheaterI arrived early so I can get a good spot (which I did).  The first band went on and...DAM!  I am stuck here and I don't want to lose my spot.  DAM!!!!! 

The Horrors hit the stage and what a calm crowd it was.  No drunks, no pushers to the front or some a$$hole on his/her phone through the whole show.  The set went quick...I guess because I was enjoying the show.  The Horrors played nothing from there first album.   I wonder why they didn't.
jdn73,thehorrors,indie,rock,concert,losangeles,elreytheaterThe last time I saw The.Horrors was only for 5 minutes at last year's Coachella.  All I heard was feed back and they left the stage. They had ten more minutes to play, I guess they got tired.  Who knows, but what a show tonight.  I was never bored and every member had there own characteristic.
jdn73,thehorrors,indie,rock,concert,losangeles,elreytheaterAfter the show, I was hanging out with my new friend Zowie.  I see her at almost every show I go to. At Viva.Brother show, I decided to introduce myself to her.  She cool peep's.  Zowie has a cool radio show on Fridays from 5-6pm on Moheak.com. Check it out. She plays REALLY cool music.
jdn73,thehorrors,indie,rock,concert,losangeles,elreytheaterZowie, a friend of her's (I think his name was Carlos) and I hung outside (I never do) the venue and I did not know she was waiting for the band to come out.  She told me this is the only exit for them to come out and sure enough, Faris Badwan (Lead Singer) comes out. He was camera shy, so no pictures, just signatures.  There where a couple of us out here and I just watched from afar.


\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/ - FCVK YEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive