Thursday, April 19, 2012

Coachella.2012.(Friday).W1

Arctic.Monkeys.2012

Coachella.2012.(Day.1)
@Indio Polo Field (Indio, CA)
Friday.April.13th

Here we go and the latest fashion trends are present at this year festival; floral prints, bright neon, 1800 century, some P.O.C. (pop of color) and that native American looking prints.  I noticed a couple of changes this year.  For example, the parking.  They moved the free parking to the other side of the street.  The traffic was not bad when I got close to the venue.    

It's 12:15 and I got to see the last 10 minutes of Abe Vigoda and they closed their set with, "Throwing Shade".  
Abe.Vigoda.2012
I walked around for a bit and watched some bands that I have not heard of; Wolf Gang, honeyhoney and Other Lives.  They where all okay.

 It started to drizzle a bit (now that's a first) and the temperature dropped 10 degree's.  Then 5 more at night of 10 and there was a lite wind blowing making it a bit more chilly. 

I went to check out what EMA is all about and I can't believe the hype.  I took off after the second song. 

Went to the main stage to catch James.  FCVK, the last time I saw them was somewhere in 1990 when Laid album came out and they performed at The Palace (now called, The Avalon).  They kicked a$$ then and today.  I was happy that they played "Sit Down" and Tim Booth (Lead Singer) decided to climd down from the stage and sing with the crowd.  AWESUM!  Tim Booth (Lead Singer) looks a bit like Michael Stipe which his head shaved.

I went to the Mojave Tent to catch Grouplove.  They where okay.  I loved the way they clashed Whitney Houston song, "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" with their song, "Tongue Tied" and that almost brought me into tears. 
Coachella.2012
Arctic Monkeys was AWESUM once again and I was stuck for a second between going to see Madness and then come back for Pulp at the main stage.  When the Monkeys went off, I moved up close to the main stage and decided to stay for Pulp.  It was the best thing because they kicked a$$!!!  Sorry Madness.  Jarvis Cocker (Lead Singer) was all over the place and what a performer.  Even the visuals where cool.  The last song they performed was "Common  People" and the crowd went bananas.  I think I made the right choice.
Pulp.2012
I checked out Mazzy Star and she was too mellow for me.   I stuck around for a bit and after three songs, I left.  

I went to the Mojave tent and The Rapture was playing to a packed house!  I waited for M83 after The Rapture.  They started a bit late and that weird looking alien came out first.  Hey!!!! Why didn't they do that when I saw them at Nokia?  Of course they killed and once they played, "Midnight City", some of the crowd left.  WTF?!?!  
M83.2012
It was 11 o'clock and I was having second thoughts about watching The Horrors and I decided to just go.  I wanted to beat the traffic.  It was a good thing that I did because there was a little traffic getting out from the parking lot.  FVCK IT's COLD tonight!!! 

\m/ - AWESUM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive