Friday, April 20, 2012

Coachella.2012.(Saturday).W1

Noel.Gallagher.High.Flying.Birds.2012

Coachella.2012.(Day.2)
@Indio Polo Field (Indio, CA)
Saturday.April.14th

Arrived early to catch Spector and they where good.  They had a technical problem with there laptop, they decided to go on with out it.  They really didn't needed it because they sounded great!  A MUST SEE again.

The Vaccines where up next.  Another show.  They played a couple of new one's that sounded promising.  I noticed that the Vaccines are slowly getting there look down.  Not bad.

I stuck around for Azealie Banks and she was FCVKn AWESUM!!!  I was up in front and noticed the gaggle of photographers inching there way to get a snap shot of this rising star.  She played 1991 and closed the set with 212 (which got the crowd, WILD).  She just got off the stage with her dancers and the DJ stayed for a second until he walked out.  Some people did not know if that was the end.  The only way I noticed, was when the VIP section cleared off.  
Spector.2012
I headed to the Sahara Tent to catch, Jacques Lu Cont and he was okay.  I took off after 30 minutes and I went to the Mojave Tent to sit for a bit.  I was just doing my thing until a undercover cops came out of nowhere and arrested a kid that was behind me.  I guess they where watching him all day.  He might of been a drug dealer.  

Went to the Gobi tent to check out Buzzcocks.  I was looking at the stage and I noticed that their roadies where young Mexican kids.   They where setting up and sound checking the equipment.  At first I was a bit confused.  I was, "are not Buzzcocks older"?  Yea, they are.  These kids did a great  job with Buzzcocks equipment because they sounded good.  I stuck around for a couple of songs so I can catch Noel Gallagher at the main stage. 
the.Vaccines.2012
Kaiser Chiefs where on and they where playing, "Modern Way".   Ricky Wilson (Lead Singer) of course was all over the place that he ended up 10 feet away from me.  AWESUM!!!

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Bird where up next.  When they where setting up the stage, I noticed that they brought out Noel's Goodlike Genius Award from NME and placed it on a speaker near the drums.  I love that he brought it with him.  NGHFB where good and they played two Oasis songs, "Little by Little" and closed the set with, "Don't Look Back in Anger".  Love those two songs.  I guess he really did stop playing "Wonderwall" after all. 
Azealia.Banks.2012
I headed to the Mojave Tent to catch Kasabian.  Squeeze was performing (not a fan) and it felt like I was watching a cover band at Magic Mountain.  They had some cool visuals, I give them credit for that.  When they left the stage, I moved in and ended up, 5 feet away from the stage.  The crowd started to get rowdy and once they hit the stage, it got really crazy.  People where trying to push there way up front, but what a show Kasbian put on.  performed. 
Buzzcocks.2012
It was a long Saturday and what a perfect way to spend my birthday.  Here at the first week of Coachella, enjoying the people walking by and hearing GREAT music.  
Kaiser.Chiefs.2012
I went to the main stage to catch Radiohead.  I saw them from faraway because it was crowded.  I stuck around for a couple of songs and I decided to take off to avoid the traffic.  I couldn't believe how cold the night was today and how did some of these people knew to bring, scarfs, parkas and jackets.  How did they know?  All I brought with me was a lite thermal.

\m/ - Awesum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive