Wednesday, April 18, 2012

TRUST and Blood Orange (L!VE) @EchoPlex...

Blood.Orange.2012
TRUST.&.Blood.Orange.2012
@EchoPlex.(Los Angeles, CA)
Tuesday.April.10th

You can call me crazy, but yea, I am at a concert after arriving from New York City a couple of hours ago.  Once they added TRUST to this bill, I really had to attend this show.  TRUST is my accidentally new find.  I saw them last year in NYC opening up for Balam Acab and they blew me away.  The progressive beats and that unique haunting voice made my night.  I left the concert after a couple of Balam Acab songs because they where not drawing me in. 
TRUST.2012

I arrived early so I can get a good spot for Trust and sure enough, I did.  The venue was a bit sparse and Trust went on as schedule.  They added a new member to the band and Maya Postepski (Synth's) is now the drummer.  I guess the other guy is temporary for the tour.
TRUST.2012
Robert Alfons (Lead Singer) voice sounded like the album which is hard to pull off sometimes.  The new album TRST is so FCVKn AWESUM!!!  Every track is a hit.  The stage was simple and they got the crowd going from the moment they dropped the first beat..  They did not play "Candy Walls" and I was looking forward to it. 
Blood.Orange.2012
Blood Orange was next and I noticed the venue getting busy.  Dave Haynes was setting up his stuff and the way he was placing everything, it looked like it was only going to be him.  Sure enough, he was... AMAZING!  If you don't know who Dave Haynes is, He is  a genius!  Dave constantly reinvents himself and he does it right, all the time.  Starting off as a Techo-Rave rock band called Test Icicles (Awesum), but they break up because of the non-stop touring.  Dave decides to move to Brooklyn and start a folk band called, Lightspeed Champion (another Awesum band he created).  I saw them a couple years ago at The Troubadour.  He was good and he had a band with him.  I guess he put Lightspeed Champion on hold and started Blood Orange.  

He had visuals, but then the music that was programmed in his laptop started to skip a couple of times that he decided to just play his electric guitar.  He was...KILLING !T.  If that was to happen to someone else, they would of stormed off stage.  Maybe, cancel the whole show after that.  I was proud that he did not do that.  

After a couple of technical difficulties, Dave Haynes (Blood Orange) pulled out a GREAT show!  I decided to leave after Blood Orange and I was not sticking around to see Oh Land.   Before I left, I stopped at the shirt stand and wanted to pick up a Trust shirt.  I noticed that Robert Alfons (Lead Singer) was there and I complimented him and his band on what a great show they did tonight.  He was very thankful, but they did not have my size...DAM!

\m/ - AWESUM!!!
TRUST.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive