Saturday, April 21, 2012

Coachella.2012.(Sunday).W2

Justice.2012
Coachella.2012.(Day.3)
@Indio Polo Field (Indio, CA)
Sunday.April.15th

The last day of week 1 has arrived and I am starting to feel the pain.  it's warm and I am coming down with a cold.  $H!T!  It always happens every year.   

There was not much I wanted to see today.  Some of the bands and wanted to see are ALL outside in the main stage.  Why couldn't it be cloudy again.  Went to the Gobi tent to catch Housse de Racket and they killed it!!!  They are such a fun band to watch and what a great way to start the morning.

I sat faraway in the shade to listen and watch Metronomy.  I didn't want to be out in the sun, even though it was 70 degrees out, but that sun hits you hard.  

After my sit down for Metronomy, I went to the main stage to have a good spot for Santigold.  Band of Skulls where on and they where good.  I moved up closer to get a better spot, but I noticed the barricade down the middle of the field.  I was stuck on the left hand side with the VIP section.  DAM!
Santigold.2012
Santigold went on and she was good.  She did a couple of costume changes and I liked that the band members looked a little bit like DEVO members.  I was looking into the VIP section to spot any stars and I didn't.   I was gonna stick around for Fritz and the Tantrums, but my legs are killing me form Saturday.  I went and sat by the entrance near the ferris wheel.   

I watched Fritz and the Tantrums and they where getting down.  The Hives where up next and they where killing it.  I decided to get some food and head towards the main stage.  Howlin' Pelle Almqvist (Lead Singer) was a riot!  He asked ALL of us to sit down and we did.  Then he noticed that the VIP section didn't sit.  "What, only because you paid more, you think you can get away from seating down? I need you guys to sit and you are not that special", said Pelle.  The crowd went wild and the VIP section sat down.  
Hives.2012
Justice was up next and I decided to stay.  The more I listen to the latest Justice album (Audio, Video, Disco), I like.  They did not go dub-step with their music and I bet some people wanted them to.  Justice started out fashionably LATE!  I was surprised that some people did not leave.  Once they hit that stage, 20 minutes late, they turned it out.  I happened to turn around and I saw Macy Gray getting down.  How cool is that?!?!  My first celebrity spotting at Coachella.  
Coachella.2012
I went to the Sahara Tent to catch Calvin Harris and the tent was packed!  I guess that single he produced for Rihanna helped.  When I got closer, I noticed this familiar voice, but I was not thinking anything.  I thought he was gonna be performing, but he was DJing.  I was gonna leave until he played the Rihanna song, "We Found Love".  I was saying to myself, "this girl singing is doing a great job and she sounds so close to Rihanna".  There was no JumboTron and I was to far to see anything.  When the song was over, Calvin said, "give it up to Rihanna!".  What?!?!  No wonder, this place was PACKED.  Of course, after that song was over and she left the stage, people started to move out. 

I walked around for a bit, taking in the last of my day here.  Even though I am coming down with a cold and my feet are hurting, I always look forward to Coachella.  Next year is gonna be my tenth year coming to the festival.  Round 10 is just around the corner and I can not wait.  Stone Roses? Maybe...

\m/ - FCVKn AWESUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive