Thursday, June 7, 2012

the.Drums.(L!V3) @el.rey.theatre.(los Angeles, CA)

the.Drums.2012
the.Drums.2012
@el.Rey.Theatre.(Los Angeles, CA)
Tuesday.May.15th


I walked in to this band called, Part Time and they reminded me of The Wedding Singer.  It was straight out cheese, but I kind of liked it.  What didn't help the cheesiness, was the eighties dance moves my neighbors where doing.  The band members just stood there motionless.  It looked to me as if they didn't want to be here tonight.  Maybe thats part of the act.  Groovy.
the.Drums.2012
Craft Spells was the next band and they caused a bit of chaos.  Kids where pushing and shoving each other and they haven't even hit the stage yet.  I never heard of Craft Spells, but these young kids have.  I looked over to the crowd to see the kids go buck wild and I notice this guy grab this kid's hat and threw it.  The kid turned around and just had a normal conversation with the guy.  I thought there was gonna be some punches thrown.  Weak, but civil.  
the.Drums.2012
Talking about punches being thrown, the girls in back of me almost threw down and they where older ladies.  SHOCKED! 

Besides hat's, punches and speed stick?!?!  Yea, speed stick.  This girl in the front row pulled it out after Craft Spells.  She rolled up her sleeves and slapped it on.  She wanted to smell pretty for Jonathan Pierce (Lead Singer of The Drums).  Hahahhaha.
the.Drums.2012
Once again, the.Drums kicked A$$!!!  I don't think I or maybe if they play at a bigger venue stop seeing them.  They always throw a GREAT show and this was there last show in America before they leave to Japan to end there tour.  They really ended this show with a bang.  They invited people on stage on the last song, "Let's Go Surfing" (I thought they stopped playing that song?!?! I guess they gave in when the crowd started chanting it before the encore).  

\m/ - AWESOME!!!
the.Drums.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive