Tuesday, June 15, 2010

BOY.CRiSiS LiVE! @the.BROOKLYN.BOWL

Photobucket.....I got off the L train on Bedford Ave & the avenue was jumpin. Wow. Can not believe how much Williamsburg has changed over the past years. It is it's own city down here. I walkD down a couple of blocks and I was surprised on how fast new apartment buildings where built and more bars. How many more bars do they need here? I made a couple of turns until I reachD Wythe St. There I came upon the.BROOKLYN.BOWL. There was a short line and it moved quick........boycrisis,jdn73Photobucket.......I walkD in2 the place not Xpectin it 2 B an actual bowling ally. Right on. I thought it was an old bowlin ally covertD in2 a concert venue and it sure was not. This place was jumping. U have the bowlin ally on 1side and the dancefloor/stage across from it. This place was REALLY COOL. I loved it. I lookD around and U had hipsters, frat boys, gossip girls & in-betweeners. The musik was okay. They playD ElectroTechno and I think they playD La Roux twice but different mixes. I lookD up and the place was convertD in2 a bowlin ally. So it was not an old bowlin ally after all. It use2 B a warehouse. Right ON. I lookD around in2 the crowd again and I saw Andrew Raposo (bassist of JESSiCA.6 and he also use 2 B w/Hercules and Love Affair) walking around. So this might B a good nite after all.......Photobucket.......Time has passD and still the band has not gone on. What do U XpectD, it's NYCity. Everythin runs late here. The Bowl was still busy around 1am and sure enough, BOY.CRiSiS hits the stage around 1:10am. Okay. Not Bad. They where.....not what I Xpected from this band. The energy was good but the musik was not there 4 me. I was hoping 2 like them but not really. It was a great Xperience 2 hangout @the.BROOKLYN.BOWL. I well B back 2 C anothr band here soon.........Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Awesome write up, Jorge!! Williamsburg has just blown up, huh? Great pix, too, man!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive