Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tricky (LiVE!) @the.Troubadour (Los Angeles, CA)

tricky,jdn73
Tricky
@the.Troubadour
Wednesday.December.22.2010

DAM! I have never seen a lazy performer in my life. Not even a minute into the show, Tricky takes his shirt off. Does he think he is the nex Iggy Pop? I did not hear a yell from anyone in the crowd. Funny. This is a disappointment. He could of been high because I could hardly hear him. The girl did more of the singing (more like whispering) and she wasn't great. She looked a bit like Amy Winehouse and she sometimes wanted to sound like her. She was no Martina Topley-Bird. While she was singing, Tricky would be facing the drummer just smoking his cigarette and move side to side a bit. I was surprised that they let him smoke. Not only once, but a couple of times.

Before the concert started, Tricky was walking around the venue with two security guards. Really? Has anyone told him that we all aged. I did see a couple of parents with there kids. I like seeing that.
tricky,jdn73
Tricky only played two songs from "Maxinquaye" (What?!?! and they didn't even sound great. It was WEAK!) album and I don't think any from "Pre-Millennium Tension" (What?!?!). I wanted to hear a lot from the first two albums, but no. I was bored by the third song, but I stuck it out to see where this concert was gonna go. He started to invite people on stage. Not only once, but twice. Now that was a crazy. It seemed like half of the crowd was on stage. They kept pulling people up until you no longer see the stage and Tricky. There was this lady who went up and started to rub Tricky all over his body. It seemed like he didn't like it because he turned around and grabbed her arms. She looked a bit shocked. You would think he enjoy that. Maybe his girlfriend or wife was in the crowd.
tricky,jdn73
Tricky went off stage and he came back on with his shirt on this time. He played a couple of songs and disappeared into the audience. He never came back on stage and his band stopped when they notice he was not coming back. I won't be back for sure.
\m/ - shoot me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive