Thursday, December 16, 2010

WARPAiNT (LiVE!) @the.TROUBADOUR

warpaint,jdn73
Warpaint
@the.Troubadour
Sunday.December.12.2010

I arrived super early because I noticed some changes around the neighborhood on parking last time. So I just wanted to make sure I saw it right and sure enough they did change the headers. So I looked around and I found a spot nearby my old spot. Nice, but I double checked just to make sure and it was cool to park.

I am inside the.TROUBADOUR and it's half empty in here and I grabbed a good spot. For a Sunday night SOLD OUT show is very empty right now. The first band went on (Drug Cabin) and they where good. They only played four songs and I wanted more. I need to look them up when I get home. Wow. This place got packed quick when they got off.
warpaint,jdn73
I looked into the crowd and it's very colorful (clothing) and young. I was hoping for some dark and goth attire. I see jackets, coats, beanies and some scarfs. Did these people flew in from the east coast? It's was FCVKn warm out today and tonight it's breezy and cool like a summer night.

The next band was CC. Does that stand for Crazy Crap? What the hell was that? When I saw the stage setup (3 drum sets and a Korg), I thought it was gonna be some crazy cool jam thing because one member from Drug Cabin is in this band. Once they started I was BORED. Just atmospheric noise.
warpaint,jdn73
WOW! Now that was a show. All that buzz and they lived up to it. I have the album and it's a good album, but hearing it live was AMAZING. They changed some of the songs around which I prefer better then the actual album. I was so invested from start to finish and I think the people around me where to. It was a GREAT show, but I wonder if they had no visuals would they still been as great? I think so.
\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ - Rocked It!
warpaint,jdn73

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive