Tuesday, November 30, 2010

DiAMOND.RiNGs @Check.Yo.Ponytail.2

diamondrings,jdn73
Diamond Rings
@Check Yo Ponytail 2 (EchoPlex)
Tuesday
November.23.2010

Hell Yea. Diamond Rings is performing and I can not wait to see what he is all about. I like the videos he has on YouTube. He has something going on.

This is the first night of Check Yo Ponytail 2. It use to be held at Safari Sam's two years ago, I think. Safari Sam's was a cool spot, but what happen to it?! They just closed it after a few year run (I think only two years). I need to look it up. I was reading into "Check Yo Ponytail 2" and the people behind it want to change it up a bit. They want to focus on the bands more then just having a night club. Kind of like CineSpace on Tuesday. I know there is a story behind Dim.Mak Tuesday's and Check Yo Ponytail, but who cares. I am here and who ever gets a good band at either place, i'll be there. Just happens that Check Yo Ponytail got Diamond Ring. There are more bands on the bill. They have "The Naked and Famous" (did they get there name from a Tricky song?) and "Midnight Juggernauts" (again).
diamondrings,jdn73
I arrived early to catch Diamond Rings and once I was inside, it's was very lite. Very lite that I was up in the front. The music is okay that the Dj was playing, but every song was cut short to be mixed in to the next song. Less the a minute or two.

Diamond Rings went on and he is FCVKn tall Canadian. He was by himself wearing gold leggings, blue leather jacket (not his size), all white hightops (I think from Nike) with white socks and a gold chain with little stuff on it. Rock on. He was okay. He played the guitar, the synth and he danced while singing. Now that's talent. He kept me entertained and he was very watchable. The music was very homemade brought to life at a night club. I looked around and I saw some people dancing to his stuff and singing. Cool. He did okay. I would like to see what he does next. \m/ \m/ \m/
diamondrings,jdn73
I stepped out from the front and I noticed that it got busy in here. I guess some of the people are here for the headliner and "The Naked and Famous". Who is this band? They just popped out of nowhere and getting all this attention. Naked was up next and from what I see and hear, it's a step up from Diamond Rings (big time), So far, this is boring to me. The music is VERY polished. If I was working for a major label I would sign them. If I was working for an indie I would not, I would sign Diamond Rings. I could see the intrest of this band. They remind me of Shiny Toy Guns. The sound is cool, but I do not see myself downloading there music anytime soon. Maybe. \m/ \m/

Hey, John O (Diamond Rings guy) just passed by me. He is heading outside to the smoking section. Groovy.

I just googled "The Naked and Famous" and of course they are signed to a major. No $H*T. That explains the people here to see them. It's almost midnight and The Juggernauts have not hit the stage so I am out.
thenakedandfamous,jdn73

1 comment:

  1. Diamond Rings went on and he is FCVKn tall Canadian. He was by himself wearing gold leggings, blue leather jacket (not his size),
    Best Regards
    Film and television institute in india

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive