Monday, November 8, 2010

Gary.Numan (LiVE!) @el.Rey.Theater (Los Angeles, CA)

garynuman,jdn73
Gary Numan
@el.Rey.Theater
Thursday
November.4.2010

FCVK! I am tired of this hot weather. It was 95 yesterday and today is 90 but it feels 100. I want the cold and the rain from last week. Besides my rant about the weather, I am so excited to see Gary Numan tonight. I never seen him live and I was bend out of shape when he did not perform at Coachella this year because of the volcano. I heard alot of good things about him live so let's see. I read that he is playing "The Pleasure Principle" album only. AWESUM!
garynuman,jdn73garynuman,jdn73
I walked in and I went straight for the shirt stand and then I realized, "he owns his own plane, he doesn't need money". I left and headed to the main floor. I looked around and it's a older crowd. Did not see anyone under 30 here at all. Some of these older folks don't care how they come to a concert. I see some of them wearing shorts with flip-flops. I know its warm out, but come on, put a little effort. Did not see any cool kids with skinny jeans, Toms, Converse, asymmetrical haircuts or plaid.
garynuman,jdn73garynuman,jdn73
Over the P.A. I hear them playing Zola Jesus "Night" (beautiful song) being played. The person next to me thought it was Fever Ray. Okay. I heard this guy talking to his friend that he was here for The Knife concert (I was too). Would he not know that? I had to correct him. There was another person next to me wanting to know who was playing and I told him. I am the Zola Jesus promoter.
garynuman,jdn73
Gary Numan went on at 10 something and he was on it! He sounded great. I wonder why he decided to play "Cars" towards the middle of the show. I guess people expected that song to finish the night (like me). After they played that song, they cleared the stage of his synths. They brought him out a guitar and that's when it went into his electro hard rock set. It sounded good. It reminded me of Nine Inch Nails (I was trying to look for Trent in the crowd) and IAMX. I was looking around and some people where out of it. It seemed like they wanted to hear the old stuff. They woke up when he played a really cool remake of, "Are "Friend's" Electric?". It was Awesum. After that, he went off stage and came back with his hardcore electro rock stuff for three songs. Some people where into it and some where not. I heard about his rock stuff and it was okay. Over all, he was good. Rock on Gary! \m/

ViDEO:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive