Wednesday, October 27, 2010

FOALs (LiVE!).@el.Rey (los Angeles, CA)

foals,jdn73
Foals
@el.Rey
Monday
October.18.2010

I went straight the the shirt stand and they all SCVK a$$. The girl must of thought I was crazy because I was there for awhile just looking. I really want a Foals shirt, so I ended up buying the black one that had some crazy flower design on it.

The El.Rey Theater was packed and that's a good sign because last time I saw them (2 years ago) it was easy for me to get up front. This time, it was a challenge. Thank God I followed this couple and I got to the floor. I pretended that I was with them and I followed them until they stopped in the middle. Perfect. I over heard that Esben and the Witch just finished and Foals where next. DAM! I was hoping to catch Esben. They where another band to watch out for. Oh well.
foals,jdn73foals,jdn73
While I was waiting for Foals, these kids started talking to me about bands and if I had seen Foals before. I told them that I have and they are gonna be in for a great show. I got them excited. I asked them where they were from. One was from San Jose and the other from Temecula. I was like, "Wow. You guys just drove from there to here?". They said, "No. We go to school here in L.A.". I was about to say. They both go to USC to study Business Communications. Cool. I suggested that they need to go see "Two Door Cinema Club" at the Music Box (Fonda). "That's another show you need to see. I recommend. I saw them at the Troubadour and I was impress". "I guess we need to go after all", they said.
foals,jdn73
Foals once again kicked some major a$$! Yannis Philippakis (Lead Singer) was getting crazy. He was climbing the side of the stage, throwing himself into the crowd and climbing down from the back of the balcony. He was on a mission. I do not know if he was frustrated with the crew (workers at the theater) because a bunch of people started to get on stage. It was out of control fun. The new music sounded amazing and once they played the old stuff, that's when people got crazy. My new friends pushed to the front, while I stayed behind. No way am I going in there.
foals,jdn73
I have no idea why, but tonight I was having really bad gas. I was holding it all night, but my stomach was acting up because of the build up. So I had to and boy was it was smelly. I was trying not to laugh because you can hear the people around me complaining and covering up there noses. I was doing the same so they won't think it was me. The smell was that bad. Back to Foals. If you have not heard of them, you need to. Once you have, you need to see them live. it's a MUST! So, pick up the new album, "Total Life Forever" because you are missing out on a great performance from a really great band. Here is a video of the show where Yannis climbs the rafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive