Thursday, October 14, 2010

WHiTE.LiES (LiVE!) @ECHOPLEX (Los Angeles, CA)

whitelies,jdn73
White.Lies
Culture Collide
Saturday
October.9.2010

I am here early and there is a band up there and all the members are wearing sunglasses. It must be really BRIGHT up there since the lights on stage are dim. Groovy. I went to the shirt stand and once again, no White Lies T-shirt. DAM! I was hoping they would have some or at least a sticker. Oh well. I guess they do not need money. I left the shirt table and I went to see if they let you go upstairs, they blocked it off. They should let us roam around. JERKS!
whitelies,jdn73
I decided to sit down because none of these bands are catching my interest, so far. I guess I was taking alot of the sofa space that these girls decided to join me. They where funny. They where both from Orange County (I asked because they where so direct and I knew they where not from here). They came to the show just to have fun. They have not heard of any of the bands. A friend told them to go see White Lies and I told them; "Good friend and good choice". They left to get more drinks and they where kind enough to ask if I wanted one, but I said "no". Rock on O.C. girls. The last band announced they last song, so I got up and headed to the front. While I was walking to the main stage, I noticed that its not as busy as it was yesturday. Why is that? Who knows, but I think White Lies are good as Klaxons. Which, I can not wait to hear new stuff from "White Lies".
whitelies,jdn73
It was easy to get to the front and I noticed alot of ladies up here. I am watching the roadies set up the stage and I see that they have an extra synth and a microphone from last time I saw them. They added a new member and are they going Editors? They taped the playlist on the floor and I see that they are gonna open up with two new songs, COOL. Next to the playlist I noticed other papers on the floor and it looks like lyrics. We might be getting a sneak peak of the new songs live today. Sweet.
whitelies,jdn73,harrymcveigh
AWESOME performance once again! The new tracks sounded very promising. They did not change much (which is great because I thought they where gonna go Editors on us), they are still this moody dark rock band with a new member on guitar and synth. I loved when they played there old stuff because you heard people singing along to every note with Harry McVeigh (lead vocals and guitar). Then we had this crazy guy shouting some songs to play, like, E.S.T. (they did not play). They payed no attention, but the crowd went wild when they played "Unfinished Business". YES! Even though the crowd was mellow (no crazy drunks or some a$$hole pushing there way to the front) they where into it, even when they played the new stuff. They closed the night with "Farewell to the Fairground". What a perfect song to end this night. AWESOME SHOW!
whitelies,jdn73

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive