Friday, October 22, 2010

LCD.Soundsystem w/HOT.CHiP.(LiVE!) @Hollywood.Bowl

lcdsoundsystem,jdn73
LCD Soundsystem
@Hollywood Bowl
Friday
October.15.2010

FCVK! My spot has been taken over by a high school football game. DAM iT! That means I need to go down my other spot just in case. $H*T! They changed ALL the meter parking signs. California is sure trying to make there money somewhere. That means I gave to pay $21.00 for parking at the Bowl. I could of just walked it. I think it's a 45 minute walk. Next time I know.

It's hipster central and It's 60 degrees here in L.A. and the scarfs are out and beanies. It's only 60. You gotta love L.A. when the weather goes under the 70's. I parked my car and there was a couple next to me. The guy (full of tattoo's and piercings) was taking the longest time perfecting his scarf while his girlfriend is downing her beer. I had to stay in my car to watch this. It took him about 5 minutes to get the scarf the way he wanted. Pretty groovy. It's great to watch the girl chug a beer while the guy perfects a scarf.
hotchip,jdn73hotchip,jdn73
I headed to the Bowl and it was a bit bananas to get in. But once inside, I went straight to the shirts. I bought this really cool LCD shirt. It was different from all the others. It was yellow with black and red fonts scrabbled. Once I grabbed my shirt, I headed to my seat. Hot Chip just went on.
It's crazy to see Hot Chip at big place once again and they where great. They never disappoint not matter how big or small the venue is. I was looking around and I was surprised to see some people dancing. This is a GREAT sign.
lcdsoundsystem,jdn73lcdsoundsystem,jdn73
Hot Chip where going through there songs as if it was the last performance of there life. I think they only played for about 30 minutes. People next to me had a few cocktails already. After there set, I went and walked around to people watch. Sure enough I bump into a old high school friend. How crazy is that. What's up Richard! I went back to my seat and this couple who was not there before just looked at me as if i just intruded there space. I smiled at them and I said to them, "I guess this is my seat". The girl said, "what?". "I guess this is my seat!" . She, "oh". She was on my seat, but I did not say anything. I asked them, "this is your first time seeing them?". They said, "yes". I told them they are in for a show. They asked how many times have I seen them and I told them, "this is my 5th time and I have not been disappointed". The guy saw my shirt and he said, "I could never rock a yellow shirt". I said, "It all depends on how you wear it". The conversation came to an end after that.
lcdsoundsystem,jdn73
LCD Soundsystem went on and they KILLED IT! What an amazing show. They played songs I wanted to hear ("Yeah", "I Can Change" and "Tribulations"). When they played "Tribulations" the disco ball came out. Ahhhhhh. They sounded fresh and I have no idea why James Murphy (mastermind & vocals) wants to end this. They are at there peak. It's CRAZY!. The best part of the whole show was that people actually where dancing. It looked like everyone was having fun. People where throwing there glow wristbands around. I could see the pit and it looked ALIVE! I think this has been there BEST show to date. Why end the fun!?!??!?
lcdsoundsystem,jdn73

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive