Sunday, October 17, 2010

Maximum Balloon -Maximum Balloon-

maximum balloon Pictures, Images and Photos

I was hoping to love this album by David Sitek (Guitarist of TV on the Radio, Record Producer [Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Liars, Foals and so on]) side project, Maximum Balloon, but not really. I played it twice and I was finding myself deleting more songs that I thought they where okay the first time around. David Byrne (Talking Heads), Holly Miranda and Little Dragon where being deleted. The standout track (which I think she should do a solo album for fun) is Karen O's "Communion". Thats a MUST DOWNLOAD! A MUST!!!!! I like the album cover the most. It reminds me of that French film "The Red Ballon".

David Sitek took a risk in making a dance album and I like artists that step out from there comfort zone. So kudos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive