Wednesday, October 13, 2010

KLAXONS (LiVE!) @ECHOPLEx (Los Angeles, CA)

klaxons,jdn73
KLAXONs
Culture Collide
Friday
October.8.2010

This is the first time Filter Magazine does this event called "Culture Collide" and so far, it's a good turn out. They have bands playing at The Echo, Spaceland, Taix and The Standard Hotel Downtown. It's a small music festival with a very big international band line-up. I got my wristband yesterday in the afternoon just to bet the rush. It's a good deal, only 20 bucks to see a bunch of bands in four days, but I am only here for the headliners; Klaxons, White Lies and Tokyo Police Club. Tonight is Klaxons and I can not wait to hear the new stuff. It's been what, 2 or 3 years since there last album and to see them back at the EchoPlex?!?! AWESUME! Crystal Castles opened up (that's when they where.....who is this band) for them.
suun,jdn73klaxons,jdn73
I arrived early because the wristband does not guarantee you entrance if the venue is full. It's pretty first come first serve. So I am here early and no line to get in (thank God). When I stepped in to the EchoPlex there was a band called Suuns already playing that reminded me of HomeVideo. Not bad. After there last song, I went to the T-shirt stand and I bought a Klaxons shirt. After I got my shirt, I noticed that you can go to The Echo. Awesum! We are able to walk around both venues, cool. When I went up there, the next band went on and I left back downstairs. AWFUL. Even the band that was playing downstairs was not for me, but they where at least better. When they where over I wanted to go back up stairs to catch The White Lies DJ set, but they closed it off!?!? FCVKRs! I am stuck here until midnight, when Klaxons go on. DAM!
klaxons,jdn73Klaxons hit the stage around 12:15am. Strike 1. When they came out, they did not wear there 2010 New Romantics outfits, FCVKRs! That's strike 2. But they did a killer show. The new stuff sounded GREAT live and the old stuff sounded fresh. I was surprised that the crowd was a bit tame. That was cool for me, but I was very surprised about that. I thought someone would get crazy and start a pit or something, but nothing. Not even a glow stick was present. Nice. The last song they played was "It's Not Over Yet" and they almost hit a home run with this show but they got a strike 3. No encore and people booed. It was sure over.
klaxons,jdn73

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive