Tuesday, October 5, 2010

the.DRUMs (LiVE!) @the.Glass.House (Pomona, CA)

thedrums,jdn73
The Drums
The Glass House (Pomona, CA)
September.28.2010

FCVK! I missed Surfer Blood. DAM! When I was heading towards the venue, I saw people coming out and I thought it was over. It was not, Surfer Blood just got off stage. I got my ticket at will call and I see they have shirts, Awesum! They ran out of the blue (The Drums) shirt so I got the black. Got my shirt and headed to the main floor. Not so many people. You might say there is 50 people in here not including the one's outside.

I just read on New Musical Express that Guitarist Adam Kessler left the band two nights before there first gig in America. Wow! He called his bandmates around 1am saying that he could not continue. "I want a simpler life", he said. So, what a cool band does? Is hire someone to take his place, but he is not replacing or gonna be part of the band. That was quick.
thedrums,jdn73
I do not know if The Drums picked the intermission music, but it's non-stop Kraftwerk. I like. I am looking into the crowd and they are young and pretty, also the girls. I see a couple of popadors. I know The Drums look something out from the 50's, but come on. I just spotted a letterman's jacket. Let the sock-hop begin.

The Drums came out one by one every 20 seconds. Only four of them appeared on stage so they did done away with the back up singers (sucks) and the lead guitarist (Jacob Graham) stopped playing the tambourin (double sucks), but he still had that crazy energy. I loved when he played the tambourin. He would be jumping and twirling around the stage like a crazy banshee. But he is still great to watch and that crazy little Vouge move he did when they closed it with "Down By The Water" was priceless. It was also great to see people dance here and shout out songs for them to play.
thedrums,jdn73
Now lets talk about Johnathan Pierce (lead singer). He is so Morrissey-ish. The way Morrissey use to be in The Smiths, swaying around the stage. He was entertaining. The other two where doing there thing and the temporary guitarist was doing great. How quick he learned the songs. I wonder if he is a friend of the band? But you know what, I prefer the last time I saw them at Spaceland last year or was it this year? Who knows. Did Jonathan just told us that we where "lovely"? He is so English now. Cheers!
thedrums,jdn73

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive