Thursday, October 4, 2012

Django.Django.(L!VE).....

Django.Django.2012
Django.Django.2012

@the.Echo.(Los Angeles, CA)
Wednesday.September.26th

On the recent Spin Magazine, Django Django was on the band to look out for list and they where right.   Not what I expected.  They kicked...A$$! 

When I arrived to the Echo, long line to get inside and once in, the place was packed.  This is what I don't get,  Breton is an amazing band and the attendance to that show was low.  This is the first time Django Django is performing in Los Angeles at the Echo and its SOLD OUT!  Maybe, Breton needs to be in Spin Magazine.
Django.Django.2012
I missed the first band, but the  second band had a Children of The Corn theme going on.  They had corn stock as pros on stage.  The girl on the keyboards wore a hood that made her look like a Warlock.  Just off the bat,  I figured this band was going to be this Shoe-gazer Goth band.  Just because of the set up they had and sure enough, I was right.  But, I was not digging the music.  Couldn't make out what the singer was singing and he kicked off his shoes after the third song.   Make yourself at home, buddy.
Django.Django.2012
Django Django was up next and they blew me away.  I didn't know they where gonna be this...GREAT.  I don't like to compare bands, but they reminded me of Hot Chip.  They came out dressing the same, but each member had a different tie-die design on their shirts.   
Django.Django.2012
When I downloaded their self-titled debut album,  I was not to crazy about it.  Watching them live, made me go and listen to the album again.  They had great chemistry on stage and they where having fun.  Django Django, had all kinds of musical instruments on stage that you would think they would program into there computer.  I kind of loved that and so did the crowd.  The audience where with then from start to finish.  Some where dancing and some where bopping there heads.  The crowd stuck around after they ended their set wanting more and sure enough, they never came back out.  Perfect!

\m/ -  AWESUM!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive